Ingenious plan against piracy: no longer release movies

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Ingenious plan against piracy: no longer release movies[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/03/Bollywood_dance_show_in_Bristol-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

A trade organisation in India considers a radical idea to target pirates. The organisation has proposed to stop releasing movies. By not releasing movies for three months the organisations hope to curb piracy.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ingenious-plan-against-piracy-no-longer-release-movies-75373/](http://www.myce.com/news/ingenious-plan-against-piracy-no-longer-release-movies-75373/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yeah, not providing potential customers with anything new to buy, while a gazillion movies are still available on torrent sites, will definitely decrease piracy! :doh:

Not producing new movies would be even better, because that would reduce production costs significantly! :iagree:

I wonder if they used Baldrick as a consultant to come up with their cunning plan?!

In case anyone hasn’t noticed the new TV series are better than new movies, It all started with Sopranos and Breaking bad, then went to Empire and many others, the movie stars are now on TV.

This plan will likely increase piracy. Someone will get a digital copy of a withheld movie. Someone ALWAYS does. Then the people that would have bought the movie will pirate it because they have no other way to get it. This reminds me of the old saying “cut off your nose to spite your face.”

[QUOTE=UTR;2749924]This plan will likely increase piracy. Someone will get a digital copy of a withheld movie. Someone ALWAYS does. Then the people that would have bought the movie will pirate it because they have no other way to get it. This reminds me of the old saying “cut off your nose to spite your face.”[/QUOTE] That’s where my cunning plan comes in; if they don’t even produce the movie, then nobody can pirate it (and it’s cheaper)! :iagree:

So, what did people do since the age of time when they were being starved from some resource they want?
They made it themselves or got other methods of obtaining it.
They never started caring about the now-defunct resource.

I think I’ll stop the “increadibly high” rate of murder by giving complete strangers free military-grade weapons (and ammo, of course). I’ll also reduce the number of people unable to get health care by shutting down as many doctors’ offices, hospitals, health clinics, etc. as possible. I’ll make my clothes cleaner by throwing mud at them.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2749920]In case anyone hasn’t noticed the new TV series are better than new movies, It all started with Sopranos and Breaking bad, then went to Empire and many others, the movie stars are now on TV.[/QUOTE]

Some of the TV shows now are absolutely superb.

Game of Thrones would be my current favourite but I’ve watched many fantastic series in recent years. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

1. “movie producers had a hard time the last two years due to piracy and therefore considers the radical step”
  2. “Movie producers aren’t very enthusiastic about the idea”

So…which is it ?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2749920]In case anyone hasn’t noticed the new TV series are better than new movies, It all started with Sopranos and Breaking bad, then went to Empire and many others, the movie stars are now on TV.[/QUOTE]

I also like that many of the new TV series are set up from the beginning to expire after 5-7 seasons. It allows them to end appropriately instead of being abruptly cancelled and the story line left hanging forever. I think this also makes the plot line more interesting and entertaining.

Everyone enjoys a good ending. I’m sure that someone will miss the Indian movie industry.

Oh and series also. I like it when a tv series actually wraps up in a logical conclusion, rather than petering out due to disinterest and losing the plot.

I don’t know about India, but here in the US when the movie releases are utter crap, people just watch the OLDIES, but GOODIES…Â
I suppose in India they can meditate for 3 months and it’s no big deal if they don’t want to watch the classics. Maybe I’m missing something, are they talking about pirates that sell hard copies of the the physical media (that happen in plenty of countries around the world)?

For example, after the tv series House ended, I went back and watched the whole ER series… may even go back further and watch Trapper John MD or Mash too… I can’t wait for the UK to get out recession… they’ve been stalling those DR. Who episodes for MONTHS!!! Instead pushing reality tv and on air gambling… which is complete rubbish not even worth pluggin in a TV set for…

They can go right ahead. No movies means no profit for them, they will go out of business.