Information (HP DVD1040e)

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the HP DVD1040e. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I have the DVD1040e and i want to know if I can make Blu-Ray copies, thanks a lot, Att: Auro Segarra.

@ Auro Segarra,

Welcome to the Forum.

Perchance did you read the Owner Manual that accompanied your HP DVD1040e Drive?

Your HP DVD1040e Drive will not Read or Write Blu-Ray Media.

If you closely review the below specifications concerning your HP DVD1040e Drive you will note that your DVD1040e Drive will not Read or Write Blu-Ray Media ->

Connectivity - External Drive

Write speed: DVD+R up to 20X (CAV); DVD+RW up to 8X (ZCLV); DVD+R up to 20X (CAV); DVD+RW up to 6X (ZCLV); DVD+R Double Layer up to 8X (ZCLV); DVD+R Dual Layer up to 8X (CLV); DVD-RAM up to 12x (PCAV); CD-R up to 48x (CAV); CD-RW up to 32x (ZCAV)

Rewrite speed: 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD+RW, 32x CD-RW

Read speed: CD-ROM up to 48x (CAV); DVD-ROM up to 16x (CAV)

Compatibility - Write media: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, LightScribe CD-R, LightScribe DVD+R media, LightScribe DVD+R media, 4.7GB single-sided/9.4GB double-sided DVD-RAM (2.6GB single-sided/5.2GB double-sided media notSupported)Device read media compatibility: DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+R DL,DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-Video, 4.7GBSingle-sided/9.4GB double-sided DVD-RAM (2.6GB)Single-sided/5.2GB double-sided media not supported), CD-R,CD-RW, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD-ROM (Mode 1 - Yellow Book),CD-ROM/XA & CD-I Ready (Mode 2/Form 2 - Green Book), Photo-CD (single and multi-session), VCD, CD-Text

Regards,
bjkg