(Info) Video Joiner?

Hello I am looking for a software to join video files.

But I want one that will keep the original format and is quick.

I don’t want anything changed after joining the video files.

So no converting wanted just simply joining video files.

Can you recommend anything?

Virtualdub is a good choice :slight_smile:

If you select “Direct Stream Copy” both in Audio and Video menu before to save, it will leave unchanged the video and the audio streams after joining chunks

Depends on the format. Virtualdub is good for avi files. AviDemux can also do this.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2244236]Depends on the format.[/QUOTE]

ooops… :o:o:o You’re right.

I thought that gate1975mlm was referring to avi movies only :doh:

The good old copy command can do this. Nothing to download and it’s pretty quick.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2244245]The good old copy command can do this. Nothing to download and it’s pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

copy command ??

[QUOTE=geno888;2244244]ooops… :o:o:o You’re right.

I thought that gate1975mlm was referring to avi movies only :doh:[/QUOTE]

I am referring to pretty much all kinds of video files.

[QUOTE=gate1975mlm;2244284]copy command ??[/QUOTE]

If you’ve never used the command line then you should probably try the other program mentioned. “Copy” is from the DOS days and is still included with Windows. You use it from the “Command Prompt” in your Accessories folder.

Something like this: Copy /b file1.mpg + file2.mpg combinedfile.mpg

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2244236]Depends on the format. Virtualdub is good for avi files. AviDemux can also do this.[/QUOTE]

How do you join files with Virtualdub?

AviDemux also has an append function that works in a similar fashion.

If you have media files other than avi you can try this program, http://www.multimedia-downloads.com/download/setup_mj.exe. This is a direct download link. The program is called MediaJoin…

Unless the video files have the exact same specs (res, bitrate etc) this cannot work!