Info about Max Payne 2 CD 2 (play disc)launcher!

HI all!
I would to know if the launcher in MP PLAY DISC works correctly!
Should it open the game launch screen or simply CD folders broswing?

Can you try to insert CD2 when the game is not installed?

the weird thing is,after i installed max payne 2,(uk version).
my play disc(disc3),wont run the game.
even after backing it up,it still wont run using bw4.57,copying using dao PQ and pw.
so i gotta use a no cd crack to work mine.
havent tried bw5 yet tho,as i hear some people get coasters.

Disc 3?
There are only 2 discs for MP 2 (at least in US version)!

Originally posted by Venturer
Disc 3?
There are only 2 discs for MP 2 (at least in US version)!

There are three discs for the European version as it has to contain all of the opther language files and audio, French/Dutch/Belgian etc etc whereas the the US only needs to have English language files.

Didn’t you ask your initial question in the other max payne thread? :slight_smile:

If you look at the autorun.inf it doesnt run anything, just points to the icon it wants to use for the CD, thats why it only opens the cd to browse.

what i meant was,that if i pick the icon in my programme files or shortcut on the desktop,the disk just spins and spins,nothing happens,even on the original and backup,but installs perfectly well from either.
any ideas??

Originally posted by SR_MuFf
what i meant was,that if i pick the icon in my programme files or shortcut on the desktop,the disk just spins and spins,nothing happens,even on the original and backup,but installs perfectly well from either.
any ideas??

If this happens even with the original, I suggest returning it to the shop where you purchased it for a replacement copy, or contact support on the number given in the manual as I am sure that you can’t be the only person with that problem. Either way you shouldn’t have to resort to such tactics to get the game to run.

Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh
[B]There are three discs for the European version as it has to contain all of the opther language files and audio, French/Dutch/Belgian etc etc whereas the the US only needs to have English language files.

Didn’t you ask your initial question in the other max payne thread? :slight_smile:

If you look at the autorun.inf it doesnt run anything, just points to the icon it wants to use for the CD, thats why it only opens the cd to browse. [/B]

So even the original CD has autorun.inf that points only to the icon?
So is this behaviour normal? I fear my copy was modded by someone!

Originally posted by Venturer
So even the original CD has autorun.inf that points only to the icon?
So is this behaviour normal? I fear my copy was modded by someone!

It is impossible for the original disc to have been modded in any way :). If you look at the Install Disc (Disc 1) the autorun.inf in there points to install.exe first, and so it runs that file upon insertion of the disc. The Play Disc (Disc 2) does not point to any file to run, and hence cannot start the game.

Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh
It is impossible for the original disc to have been modded in any way :).

Yes; that if you have the ORIGINAL but…who knows… :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

What about PLAY DISC in EUROPE version?
Is it still the same with autorun.inf that points only to the game icon?

ANy news about European version?

Hey anyone that have European version that can tell me if autorun.inf in the PLAY CD points only to the game icon?

update:::

i took my originla back to asdas,and swapped for a replacement.
the replacement does exactly the same,wont run,just spins and spins.
i wonder if its bw’s autoplay on my system,or blindwrite,or maybe my liteon 48125W,pioneer106D are black-listed.
but anyways,i checked the autorun.if on the cd3(play disc),and my auto run.inf points to bin\maxpayne2.ico.

Originally posted by SR_MuFf
update:::
but anyways,i checked the autorun.if on the cd3(play disc),and my auto run.inf points to bin\maxpayne2.ico.

So what happens when you insert the PLAY DISC (CD 3) and autoplay is enabled?

well,on the original cd,when i stick the cd in the drive,nothing happens,it just spins for a while,then nothing.
and when i stick the backup in as well,nothing happens,it just spins again.
ive backed it up with autoplay enabled,and disabled,and still nothing.

I mean: When you insert PLAY DISC and autoplay is enabled (not Blindwrite’s autoplay but the system autoplay) it should open cd broswing and shouldn’t open the game launcher!
What’s the behaviour of your CD?

it just spins.
nothing else.
no browser,nothing.

same on a friends pc as well,but on my laptop,it will bring up the browser window,and let me loo at the files that are there.off the top of my head,theres 5 or 6 files there.