Infiniti MCC02RG20 not as pretty as Verb MCC004

vbimport

I’ve been breaking into my stock of Infiniti <s>MCC003</s> MCC02RG20 (bought almost a year ago), which I bought because of recommendations here, rating it higher over MCC004 by Verbatim.

Scans show 2-3 times more PIE and up to 10 times more PIF than with my Verbatim branded MCC004’s (both MIT and MII).

It’s still well within acceptable range, but I am a bit worried and must ask: any chance of these being fakes? MIDs are <s>MCC003</s> MCC02RG20, but still… These will be used for archiving so I’d like to be sure of reasonable longevity.

I’m using a Pio 212 writer, perhaps it has a bad strategy for <s>MCC003</s> MCC02RG20?

Moomin

I think Infiniti used to have good reputation.

Can you post your stamper code and hub serial plz.

Pioneer 212/112 should have good strategy for MCC003. Have you updated FW?:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Moomin;2026166]

It’s still well within acceptable range, but I am a bit worried and must ask: any chance of these being fakes? MIDs are MCC003, but still…[/QUOTE]

What is the stamper or serial number?

Cmon, post pictures. How can we know if they are fakes without the scans at the very least?

10x more PIF could be 5000 PIF or 500 PIF, depending on how good your MCC004 are.

Generally Pioneer + any verbatim media is a good result. I’ve used MCC003 on my 109, 111 and it both writers made very good burns.

I doubt the discs are fake, never seen any fake Infiniti discs. If someone is going to rip off a brand they are far more likely to do it to Verbatim, Sony, Philips, etc.

My guess is that the new writer doesn’t have firmware for 8x discs included so maybe it is using a default setting.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/support/support/software.html#fdvdwriter

Check that link and update your firmware and hopefully there will be an improvement to the burns.

I highly doubt the FW will make a difference. MCC003 probably burns very similar on most Pioneer drives and they would hardly make a change to their drives FW support for MCC003. It is definitely supported btw.

FW is often looked at to be some magical fix but in reality it usually addresses issues with high speed burning or adding new media to the support list.

Aye you’re probably right, but it always worth updating firmware and stuff just in case.

I just haven’t tried any discs on the new Blu-Ray wirters so I have no idea how an 8x disc would work on them.

I have the latest fw 1.24. I recall there were issues before, on another Pioneer drive, where changing the strategy of RG030 to RG020 would solve an issue with high PIE at the start. That’s why I mentioned it.

I’ll try and make a scan as soon as I get to my system. PIFs were around 2000 IIRC.

I have only one disc with me. White top MCC003, hub MAH708JL15012087 A3. On the write side, ZD4763-DVR-1470. Looks nice and clean.

Not got a 212 but a 215

No problems here, but I’ve not got many left now :frowning:

[QUOTE=Dismembered Ninja;2026227]I doubt the discs are fake, never seen any fake Infiniti discs.[/QUOTE]No [I]per se[/I] fake Infiniti brand discs… but from what I remember Infiniti did sell some fake Hong Kong 16x DVD-R with code MCC 03RG20.

Can someone please hit me with a (soft!) stick? :doh:

Although I’m amazed no-one here noticed it either from the hubcodes…

I’ve been in such a rush today, I didn’t look properly. It’s not MCC003, but
02RG020 - DVD-R not +R

I’ll try and change the subject if I can. The comparison with MCC004 is correct, I’m comparing to 16x DVD+R I’ve been using.

:doh::doh::doh::doh: need sleep but I won’t see my bed for at least another 6 hours, or maybe it will be an allnighter again…

Sorry 'bout this!

Moomin

[quote=Moomin;2026516]Can someone please hit me with a (soft!) stick? :doh:[/quote] WHACK :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been in such a rush today, I didn’t look properly. It’s not MCC003, but
02RG020 - DVD-R not +R

• Thread title and first post updated * *

Hi :slight_smile:

[quote=Dismembered Ninja;2026227]I doubt the discs are fake, never seen any fake Infiniti discs. If someone is going to rip off a brand they are far more likely to do it to Verbatim, Sony, Philips, etc.
[/quote]

In the southwest of england all you can find now is Infiniti branded MCC fakes.
One of the main suppliers of this is Lordofthedeals.
Their stock has been, still is fake. A situation going on for months now.

Guess again…:cool:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2026534]Hi :slight_smile:
In the southwest of england all you can find now is Infiniti branded MCC fakes.
One of the main suppliers of this is Lordofthedeals.
Their stock has been, still is fake. A situation going on for months now.
[/QUOTE]

Wow…so it’s just the lordofthedeals stuff then? :eek::eek:

[QUOTE=Moomin;2026166]I’ve been breaking into my stock of Infiniti <s>MCC003</s> MCC02RG20 (bought almost a year ago), which I bought because of recommendations here, rating it higher over MCC004 by Verbatim.

Scans show 2-3 times more PIE and up to 10 times more PIF than with my Verbatim branded MCC004’s (both MIT and MII).

It’s still well within acceptable range, but I am a bit worried and must ask: any chance of these being fakes? MIDs are <s>MCC003</s> MCC02RG20, but still… These will be used for archiving so I’d like to be sure of reasonable longevity.

I’m using a Pio 212 writer, perhaps it has a bad strategy for <s>MCC003</s> MCC02RG20?

Moomin[/QUOTE]

I suppose i bought about 3000 from svp and sold half to friends, burned app 1000 and still have a bit more than a box (600 discs). I mainly use Pioneer 111’s for them and i only have very few cases of bad readability in standalones. Nothing worth a note :slight_smile:

Ahhh 02RG20 discs!

Ignore the PIF unless it’s over 4000 or something. This media is so compatible and just good in general that you’d need some serious PIF mountains to stop it :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a couple scans. Depending on what you use to scan it, PIE/PIF/Jitter can all be affected as you can see here.

This disc is a backup of one of my PS2 games. I played through the game on my aging PS2 a few times and it didn’t skip a beat. My ps2 has also been known to freeze and give trouble on inferior discs so this shows that MCC02RG20 is quite good media.

[B]Would you be able to post any scans of yours though? [/B]

I just saw the title of this, and thought I was going mad! I’ll dig out some MCC02RG20’s now.

Got about 900 here :flower:

Pioneer 215D@215

Infiniti MCC02GR20 @ 8x

MAHA19KA10052963

ZD3093-DVR-I47A

You got 900 of those?!

Bastard! :stuck_out_tongue:

Grabbed a couple out of stock and checked them. They seem ok at the mo.
Think the drop in burning speed at the end was because I was using an external burner, but I aint sure.

Don’t stock 8x discs anymore so can’t really check any stock :slight_smile: