Infiniti dvd+r

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Liteon HD-A740GX. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all, 1st post.
I’ve had my Liteon HD-A740GX machine for almost 2 years and only use it for taping stuff off the tv.

The 1st discs I bought were Memorex 8x 25pk printdvd+r
Info on disc reads;
CPDR47G-CAEWP13-113 0702

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

These take ages to read and only the 1st half is watchable, the 2nd half is full of either sound or picture blips.

2nd lot of discs I bought were from my local computer fair and were Infiniti 8x 50pk whitetop
Info on disc reads;
ZD3596-DVR-X47B

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-003-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [003]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

All 50 of these were 100% ok

Now these are unavailable I bought Infiniti again again from the computer fair but had to go the 16x;
Infiniti 16x 25pk full face printable
Info on disc reads;
DVD+R M817

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [004]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

Why would the Infiniti 8x be fine but the 16x no good? My burner is good for 16x although neither of the above discs feature in their ‘recommended disc list’.
Searching for the disc id of the 16x Infiniti’s the M817 comes up as fake, is this 100%? How can I tell what I’m buring is any good?
As these 16x are not good in my dvr I thought about using some good RW’s I’ve got, burning to them then copying in the PC. When finalised the RW’s are slightly larger than the blanks so I cant copy them!
Also while I’m on, I see some are error checking discs, if I definitely want to keep something I’ve put to dvd I have to watch it through just incase. Can a computer scan reliably do this for me?
Cheers,
Simon

The 16x are no good because they’re fakes, probably made in China.
The 8x ones were genuine MCCs, as sold by Verbatim.

And the first set [CMC MAG E01] may look beautiful in quality scans, but is not very compatible with all drives/players.

And the reason the code you provided for the 16x DVD+R makes them fake: MCC 004 is a Verbatim/MCC disc model, and genuine Verbatim/MCC discs made by/for MCC will have other codes that are NOT like what you indicated. :slight_smile:

Try to find Verbatim 16x DVD+R [which should be genuine MCC 004 discs with a good compatibility], or search for 8x-rated media made by Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim-branded. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies, looks like I’ll be trying for my money back on the discs, I even have a receipt somewhere.
What programs should I be looking for to scan discs, would they detect burn faults without me having to watch the whole disc to find faults?
cheers,
Simon

For what it’s worth, the Jessops own-brand printable DVD+Rs are MCC-004-00, M817 and DVD+R on the centre ring. Top disc in the spindle unrecognisable by my LH-20A1H, second disc got a media ID read after a minute or so but wouldn’t write (Sense Error).

Utter crap. Probably only good for coasters.

Now to order some Verbatim printables from SVP…

[QUOTE=philpem;2153796]For what it’s worth, the Jessops own-brand printable DVD+Rs are MCC-004-00, M817 and DVD+R on the centre ring. Top disc in the spindle unrecognisable by my LH-20A1H, second disc got a media ID read after a minute or so but wouldn’t write (Sense Error).

Utter crap. Probably only good for coasters.

Now to order some Verbatim printables from SVP…[/QUOTE]

Fake MCC004’s probably make in Hong Kong/China

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2153813]Fake MCC004’s probably make in Hong Kong/China[/QUOTE]
Figured as much. They’re getting returned for refund on Monday.

In the meantime, I’ve got two 50-packs of Verbatim 16x full-face printable MCC004 DVD+R and a 50-pack of Verbatim full-face printable CD-Rs on order with SVP. ETA “some time before the end of next week”…