Infiniti CDR 99min whats the data capacity?

ive just bought some Infiniti CDR 99min 32x cdr’s from ebuyer.com in the UK whats the max data i can burn to these, as in the online cdfreaks shop it says 903mb then (861 data). im creating divx rips so i need to know the exact capacity.

Well I don’t know the capacity. But 99 minutes disc’s are supposed to be 870Mb cd’s. But then again the question is if your burner supports this capacity with this disc’s. It can happen that your burner does 99 minutes overburning with some disc’s but not with other disc’s. So in this case you’ll have to do a trial and error run or try to find a person with the same burner model who has used the maximum capacity of these disc’s. Also it can happen that it uses the full capacity only when burned as audio and not as data. Or only as data and not as audio.

Originally posted by Cypher007

ive just bought some Infiniti CDR 99min 32x cdr’s from ebuyer.com in the UK whats the max data i can burn to these, as in the online cdfreaks shop it says 903mb then (861 data). im creating divx rips so i need to know the exact capacity.

For defining the exact capacity goto :

Nero CD Speed --> Extra --> Overburning Test

I have read on the forum somewhere that you can squeeze only 866 MB on a 99min CD-R.

BoSkin is right. try the overburning test in Nero CD Speed or Feurio.

From what I’ve known about overburned CDs, they tend to have a lot of errors on the outer tracks. So while they’re great for audio CDs where an occasional error doesn’t matter much, they could be a bad choice for burning DivX movies. Hence its better to use slightly lower bitrate and standard CD sizes (700 MB). However if you’re lucky you could get away with it :slight_smile:

Do let us know your successful/unsuccessful experiences!

Cheers!

or burn at as low of speeds as possible :wink:

I have burnt 2 90-min Video CDs. No problems till date.

1st was burnt @ 24x

2nd was burnt @ 16x.

They filled up till 91.30 mins.
:smiley:

Forgot to mention, both have all green sectors.

Originally posted by Cypher007

get an atip(absolute time in pre-groove) reader program!:bigsmile:
it will tell you the absolute time of any cdr or cdrw!:wink:

Originally posted by 2ndsign
[B]

get an atip(absolute time in pre-groove) reader program!:bigsmile:
it will tell you the absolute time of any cdr or cdrw!:wink: [/B]

Absolute time of 90 & 99 min CD-Rs is not correctly told by ATIP readers. Many 90 min CD-Rs are identified as 10 min CD-rs & some as 80 min.

Carrying out an Overburning test in Nero CD Speed or Feurio is the only correct way.