InDesign

Hi,

Have been creating a document that has turned out to be 124 pages and about 138MB without the files embedded.

I am trying to turn it into a PDF for printing. I have used the ‘Print’ preset in InDesign and got it to work using Acrobat 4.0 compatibility. However this distorted some of the colours on the front cover where transparency was used.

When I try to create the PDF using the Print preset with Acrobat 5.0 or 6.0 compatibility. It exports all the pages, then at the very last bit where it says finishing document it freezes and does not create it.

Although when I create just the front cover page using Acrobat 5.0 or 6.0 compatibility it creates it fine and does not distort the colours.

Have been trying to get it to create for 3 days so if you have any ideas for me it would be appreciated.

Also I ideally I want to have all the pictures in the file embedded when I create the PDF which increases the size to around 2 Gig.

Think maybe the size is the problem but I do not know.

Help please!

HOLY CRAP DUDE!

How about your resize the images before embedding them :wink:
Encode them with JPEG or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Or lower the resolution of your PDF to something reasonable.

Anything about 1200dpi is overkill, and generally 300dpi suffices. On screen presentations cans be 150dpi or 75 dpi :slight_smile:

Set your papersize to A3 or A4, and use 75dpi / 150 dpi respectively & check your results.