Independence Day

vbimport

First Post so Hi All. I’ve been lucky enough to have been given an Archos 705 for Christmas. Been copying my dvd collection to pvp using latest version of DVDfab without any problems at all but Ind. Day refuses to work. The process window shows the time and 531 2-12 and on the next line Task 1 has been cancelled and next line Process completed successfully. I’ve tried all the usual restarts etc but can’t get past this one.

Any ideas anyone? :confused:

Adam

[QUOTE=adamwolfe;2189876]First Post so Hi All. I’ve been lucky enough to have been given an Archos 705 for Christmas. Been copying my dvd collection to pvp using latest version of DVDfab without any problems at all but Ind. Day refuses to work. The process window shows the time and 531 2-12 and on the next line Task 1 has been cancelled and next line Process completed successfully. I’ve tried all the usual restarts etc but can’t get past this one.

Any ideas anyone? :confused:

Adam[/QUOTE]

I will, for the sake of what I’m writing, assume that you are copying the movie only, then converting for pvp. I will also assume that the rip before the conversion is also done by DVDFab, to remove the copy protection.

First, please advise the version number of your ‘latest version’ (some have said the same thing and on closer inspection, turned out to be using an ancient version)

Also, I assume you are using the PAL version of the film, which shouldn’t be an issue, but the UK release may differ from our N.A. release in content and content placement on the DVD. (This shouldn’t be an issue, but I’d better cover all the bases…).

Please advise and we’ll go from there.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2190157]I will, for the sake of what I’m writing, assume that you are copying the movie only, then converting for pvp. I will also assume that the rip before the conversion is also done by DVDFab, to remove the copy protection.

First, please advise the version number of your ‘latest version’ (some have said the same thing and on closer inspection, turned out to be using an ancient version)

Also, I assume you are using the PAL version of the film, which shouldn’t be an issue, but the UK release may differ from our N.A. release in content and content placement on the DVD. (This shouldn’t be an issue, but I’d better cover all the bases…).

Please advise and we’ll go from there.

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for your reply. I’m using DVDfab Platinum with Mobile option ver 5.2.2.2. The Ind. Day is the special edition 2 disc set PAL version Region 2. I’m copying the films onto my computer using DVD to Mobile PVP settings to create a .avi file which I then copy onto the Archos. This has worked perfectly with all my movies so far and also the Battlestar Galactica series up to the first half of season 4. I’m new to all this so please be gentle… :slight_smile:

Adam

[QUOTE=adamwolfe;2190594]Many thanks for your reply. I’m using DVDfab Platinum with Mobile option ver 5.2.2.2. The Ind. Day is the special edition 2 disc set PAL version Region 2. I’m copying the films onto my computer using DVD to Mobile PVP settings to create a .avi file which I then copy onto the Archos. This has worked perfectly with all my movies so far and also the Battlestar Galactica series up to the first half of season 4. I’m new to all this so please be gentle… :slight_smile:

Adam[/QUOTE]

So far, DVDFab has never shown flakey behaviour during a read operation. (even the newest release).

Please check your source disk for scratches, finger-prints, and other contaminants that may botch a read operation. Independence Day (region 1) has never caused us a problem on this side of the pond, so we’re pretty sure Fab can handle it.

If dirty, please clean the disc (I use a soft cloth and some of the fluid I clean my glasses with).

Then try it again and advise the results.

Gentle enough?

O’C

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2190960]So far, DVDFab has never shown flakey behaviour during a read operation. (even the newest release).

Please check your source disk for scratches, finger-prints, and other contaminants that may botch a read operation. Independence Day (region 1) has never caused us a problem on this side of the pond, so we’re pretty sure Fab can handle it.

If dirty, please clean the disc (I use a soft cloth and some of the fluid I clean my glasses with).

Then try it again and advise the results.

Gentle enough?

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for your reply - gentle enough :iagree:

The disc plays perfectly on my dvd player and also on my laptop and desktop using both Windows Media Player 11 and software provided by Dell that came preinstalled. When I put the disc into either machine and start DVDfab the disc is read? and starts playing in the little window on bottom left of the DVDfab screen. The processing window shows the content of the disc in the usual way including both versions of the film ie original theatre version and extended version (I’ve tried both) and various other entries. When I check the crop settings there is no picture shown at all when with all other movies and series episodes a picture is shown! Also the same thing happens when checking the advanced settings as well. The above has only happened with this disc. Still some what puzzled. :confused:

Sorry for the delay in replying as well.

regards

Adam

[QUOTE=adamwolfe;2192308]Thanks again for your reply - gentle enough :iagree:

The disc plays perfectly on my dvd player and also on my laptop and desktop using both Windows Media Player 11 and software provided by Dell that came preinstalled. When I put the disc into either machine and start DVDfab the disc is read? and starts playing in the little window on bottom left of the DVDfab screen. The processing window shows the content of the disc in the usual way including both versions of the film ie original theatre version and extended version (I’ve tried both) and various other entries. When I check the crop settings there is no picture shown at all when with all other movies and series episodes a picture is shown! Also the same thing happens when checking the advanced settings as well. The above has only happened with this disc. Still some what puzzled. :confused:

Sorry for the delay in replying as well.

regards

Adam[/QUOTE]

OK…Try this.

In DVDFab, go to Common Settings. (that’s the white check mark on the green disk).

In the left-hand panel (and I’m going by memory - I don’t often look there) and there should be an option for preview.

Click on that, and you’ll see a new screen with some changeable options. If anything is selected other than ‘internal’ (like DirectX or something else),
please change it to Internal.

You may have to fiddle with that a bit to get it to work, and I don’t know if it will improve over-all performance, but we have to start somewhere.

Let us know how you do.

O’C

P.S. - I just looked again to refresh my memory - just the video decoder, no need to touch the audio yet…

If that doesn’t work, you may have to play to find a combo of audio & video decoders that will work - at least, since it’s only preview at the moment, and that should work even before you start a rip, this won’t be expensive in terms of coasters generated (unlike some other problems).

Let us know.

O’C