Increasing the speed of my mouse

vbimport

I have a PS2 Logitech 2 button + 1 wheel Optical mouse (not cordless). It is too slow for me. I’ve already set the pointer speed to maximum under my mouse properties but it is still too slow. I’ve kept my precision pointer option off, too, for greater speed.

Is there a way for me to edit some configuration file (where is it?) to speed it up even more? If possible, I would rather not use a 3rd party program to speed it up, because they usually come with all sorts of crap adware etc.

Also, does anyone know how to do this in Linux v9.0 as well? I tried installing Linux 9.0, increased the mouse speed & acceleration to maximum, found it waaaay to slow for me and gave up on it. :a For all the security and stability virtues of Linux, its fastest mouse speed = slowest mouse speed in Windows :a:a:a

Ideally I want to be able to traverse the screen by only moving the mouse 1cm. (Yeah, I’m hyper)

Damn , 1cm :eek:

I’m sorry , i don’t know about a program to increase the speeds. Perhaps logitech themselves can be of any support ?

You can however set the polling sensitivity of the mouse to almost the double of the default setting. Got to the hardware properties of your mouse for that. It will require a reboot.

You ca use the “acceleration” setting in the Logitec Mousewares driver to speed it up. Updating to the latest Mouseware driver will also give you improved control and speed too. Your screen resolution can greatly affect the mouse action too, the higher the res, the slower the mouse…

This is what I do on my gaming machines, as I prefer not to install Mouseware and other “crapola”

Ideally I want to be able to traverse the screen by only moving the mouse 1cm.

If this is what you really want, perhaps you’re more suited to a trackball.