Incorrect Video size indicated by CloneDVD

I am trying to backup one of my DVD’s using CloneDVD. The content on the DVD is approx 7.5 GB’s. When I select main movie only the DVD video size is indicated at approx 3,200 MB. When I try to do the copy using my Lite-On as source and my BenQ as target it will burn the files into the temp directory. Then before it can write, CloneDVD indicates that there is not enough room on a 4.7 Gb disk. It will indicate that the file is actually 5.9 GB. This same thing will happen if I reverse the source and destination as well. Anyone have an idea what my be happening here?

are you viewing the main movie size BEFORE any audio tracks and subtitles are figured into the equation?

I am looking at the entire disk size at 7.5 GB with audio and subtitles included. I then choose main movie only and CloneDVD will show the drop from 7,500 MB down to 3,200 Mb. I know that that 3,200 MB cant be the correct size but it won’t indicate that it is the wrong size untill it wants to write. To add to the confusion it shows that DVD quality will be 100 percent. I hope that I am answering your question correctly.

@ TecHNecK,

Suggest viewing the below AnyDVD-CloneDVD User Tutorial which provides detailed information on the use of the AnyDVD-Clone software combination.

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Also the CloneDVD User Manual can be accessed by clicking on the Help icon located on the top right hand corner of the CloneDVD page.

Best Regards,
bjkg

@ TecHNecK,

On the CloneDVD “Title Configuration Page” what is the Target Size that have you selected?

Perchance have you ensured that you have actually placed a 4.7 GB DVD Media disk in your BenQ DVD device and not mistakenly inserted a CD Media disk by mistake?

Best Regards,
bjkg

Looking at the link you gave me that took me to the tutorial, I am now aware of the fact that I am using the CloneDVD from clonedvd.net. That is why I may be so confused here. Because I don’t see a Title configuration page. The version that I got from clonedvd.net was working untill I removed the DVD/CD-R combo drive and installed a Lite-On with lightscribe. Of course I was using the combo drive as my source and my BenQ as my target. I am wondering if the fact that I am trying to use 2 DVD burners could be a problem with the bogus CloneDVD I am trying to use.

@ TecHNecK,

I am sorry but the CD Freaks CloneDVD Forum only supports the Elaborate Bytes/SlySoft CloneDVD software program (The Elaborate Bytes/SlySoft CloneDVD software program is exactly same software program).

The inferior copycat rip off CloneDVD.net is totally undesirable and should be avoided.

To ensure that you are using the TRUE original quality proven CloneDVD software program visit SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the current up to date CloneDVD software program.

Best Regards,
bjkg

PS- I and many other Forum Members routinely use a two DVD Burner configuration and do not experience any difficulties. I am confidant that your problem lies with the inferior copycat rip off CloneDVD.net software program that you are attempting to use.

Thank you for all your input bjkg. You have been a big help. I will convert to the real CloneDVD and AnyDVD to get up to speed.

Regards,
Paul

for future reference, this confusion is exactly why it’s necessary to post the version NUMBER of any programs that you refer to in your question. This could hav ebeen identified right off the bat from the version unmber!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: