Inconsistent results with DVDFab

I have a 2.5 y/o son who is real destructive with DVD’s so I am in the process of making backup copies of all his movies. I have discovered some inconsistencies and compatibility issues that I’d like someone to explain to me. All the below scenarios involve making a backup copy of commercial DVD’s which I own onto TDK DVD+R DL media and disc image (.iso).
Scenario 1: make a “clone” of original commercial DVD onto DVD+R DL media. This seems to be compatible with my stand-alone player.
Scenario 2: make a “clone” of original commercial DVD onto disk image (.iso), then burn disc image to DVD+R DL using Roxio EMC10. This will not play on stand-alone player.
Scenario 3: make a “clone” of original commercial DVD onto disk image (.iso), then burn disc image to DVD+R DL using DVDFab “entire disc”. This will not play on stand-alone player.
Scenario 4: make a “clone” of original commercial DVD onto disk image (.iso), then mount disc image into virtual drive, then burn disc image to DVD+R DL using DVDFab “clone disc”. This will not play on stand-alone player.
I also have a situation where copies that will play fine on stand-alone player like 5 times, then I start to get freeze, pixilated picture in certain places in movie. Can anybody explain to me hwat is happening and make a suggestion as to the best way to copy movies onto both disc image and DVD R media?

Use Verbatim DL’s…

Welcome to the forum. Scenario 5: what media brand are you using?
Scenario 6: Is you DMA enabled? Scenario 7: What version of DVDFab are you using? Have you tried Full Disc mode instead of clone mode? Finally giving your system specs as well as type of DVD drives your using will be helpful too. :smiley:

Hello and welcome to the club. As far as not playing in stand alone players, do you have the box in common settings checked that says, Set booktype to DVD-Rom [ only for DVD+R/ +RW media ] ? It’s under the write section. If not, I’d do it and see if it helps ok. Good Luck ! ~ Mike

I would recommend that you use “full disc mode” and forgo the “clone” mode. The full disc mode should ensure that your backups will run on any DVD player.