! Inconsistent CPU Usage Between Burns

Hi,

Sometimes when I burn a disc (be it a video DVD, data DVD, CD, whatever) the CPU will be at ~50%, ~75%, ~90% (basically high) usage, while at other times it will be at ~5%, ~10%, ~20% (basically low). Whatever level the usage is at, it tends to be pretty consistent throughout that particular burn.

I am trying to figure out what causes high CPU usage. It is likely some sort of software configuration (eg some app running or a driver active or something) since it clearly can be low without any major changes. I have only today determined to figure it out so I don’t have a lot of data (what app, what type of disc, data, etc.) collected yet, but I will start keeping track of it from now on.

In the meantime, does anyone know what could be causing a burn to have a high CPU usage?

Thanks.

Try doing a control… alt …delete which should bring up your task manager…then click processes tab…look for the process that is taking up your cpu usage…

That may give the experts here an idea how to help you.

[QUOTE=Roadhog32901;1965551]Try doing a control… alt …delete which should bring up your task manager…then click processes tab…look for the process that is taking up your cpu usage…

That may give the experts here an idea how to help you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I’m looking for something a little more advanced than that. For example, a few years ago after extensive testing, I figured out that the reason that the ATI MMC TV app and DOSBox suck up so much CPU sometimes but not others was due to the default drivers for my old Gravis Gamepads. I wrote some simple scripts to easily enable and disable them and now I no longer have to worry when I run those apps. (No, it’s not the gamepad drivers in this case. :rolleyes:)