Incomplete Burn Ever Other DVD

vbimport

Not sure if this problem is coming from the hardware or software. I installed a Sony DW-U18A two weeks ago and have burned a few CDs and about 40 DVDs using Roxio Easy CD DVD Creator 6 Platinum – Creator Classic. Starting at about DVD burn # 32 I began having problems. No changes were made to any software or hardware that coincide with this. The problem is that if I set the number of copies to burn to more than 1 every other DVD that is burned will not be complete. No errors are thrown and the only way I caught it was when I noticed a shorter than normal burn time. I looked at the burned media and could immediately tell it was not complete. I thought it was bad media and inserted another blank and it recorded fine but the one following that one did the same thing, short, incomplete burn. The only other burning software I have is Sony DVD Architect 1.0 and I have had problems with it all along so I don’t think it offers a good comparison. I did try a burn from it after this problem started and it hung up during the burn and I had to manually cancel the burn. Any suggestions as to where this is coming from and what to do about it?

Thanks,
Lamar

Using - Roxio Easy CD DVD Creator 6 Platinum – Creator Classic Buffer Underrun enabled, Record speed Optimal.

Affected DVD RW Drive - Sony DW-U18A.

Media being used. Memorex 4.7GB 4X Printable DVD+R

System Specs.
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ATH1000
System Manufacturer System Manufacturer
System Model Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 4 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1001 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 6/26/2000