Incompatible nero and DLA software

vbimport

After purchasing a Sony DRU500ax, and installing it onto my PC the software that came with the drive (ie DLA) will not install if Nero is present.
As I have Nero and Incd for my cd-rw drive and had no problems with it before trying to install DLA, is there a program that will replace both Nero/incd and DLA for use on both drives?.
Does anyone know if older versions of Norton Ghost will back up my hard drive onto DVD or is the 2003 version the only one that will do it?.

Thanks

:slight_smile:

Nero is not the problem. Both DLA and InCD are packet writers. They will both try to control both drives. I used DirectCD (Roxio) and now use Drag-to-Disk which replaced DirectCD in ECDCD 6. Both DirectCD and now Drag-to-Disk work fine on my Plextor 4824 and my Sony DRU500A using CDRW and DVD+RW media.

Originally posted by RXC010
[B]After purchasing a Sony DRU500ax, and installing it onto my PC the software that came with the drive (ie DLA) will not install if Nero is present.
As I have Nero and Incd for my cd-rw drive and had no problems with it before trying to install DLA, is there a program that will replace both Nero/incd and DLA for use on both drives?.
Does anyone know if older versions of Norton Ghost will back up my hard drive onto DVD or is the 2003 version the only one that will do it?.

Thanks

:slight_smile: [/B]

thanks for the info.
a couple of other points:

• Is CloneCD the best choice for backing up my CD collection.

• I’m looking for a good program to record my vinyal collection to CD, Total Recorder is the only program that i have found but once installed it switches my sound off all the time.

Can anyone assist?.

There are lots of good choices for copying CDs. If it’s a straight copy, almost any CD burning app will suffice. I like Nero or Roxio and particularly Feurio for music.

TotalRecorder is problematic because it changes the sound source to itself. It seems that this then becomes the default and you have to remember to change it. Search this forum for apps and advice for burning from LP. I bought my first CD burner about 7 years ago to do just that. I’m now on my sixth and have yet to transfer a single LP. I guess I’m not the guy to ask about this.

Originally posted by RXC010
[B]thanks for the info.
a couple of other points:

• Is CloneCD the best choice for backing up my CD collection.

• I’m looking for a good program to record my vinyal collection to CD, Total Recorder is the only program that i have found but once installed it switches my sound off all the time.

Can anyone assist?. [/B]

I was fine before installing my new DVDRW, I still have to get the system settled as I used Nero but I removed it when installing the DVD due to the incompatibility.
Thanks for the tips.
:slight_smile: