InCd with Acronis True Image 8

vbimport

I am trying to get Acronis to write an image using InCd as a packet writer in order to backup to DVD RW. I keep on getting format errors stating either I have bad media or the disk is scratched. My drive does not support Mt. Ranier writing only reading. Am I out of luck? Thanks.

I think that the problem is due to two main things:

[ol]
[li]The software (like all packet writing softwares) is not reliable (and actually i suggest to never use these softwares because a lot of people complained data loss)
[/li][li]Rewritable discs are not fully reliable because usually contain more errors than write-once discs.
[/li][/ol]

My suggestion is to use write-once discs or, if you really need to use a rewritable media, to use a RAM disc (providing that your drive is able to support these discs).

The best solution , however, is to save all Acronis backups in an external hard disk, that are certainly faster and more reliable than any rewritable media :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2056819]I think that the problem is due to two main things:

[ol]
[li]The software (like all packet writing softwares) is not reliable (and actually i suggest to never use these softwares because a lot of people complained data loss)
[/li][li]Rewritable discs are not fully reliable because usually contain more errors than write-once discs.
[/li][/ol]

My suggestion is to use write-once discs or, if you really need to use a rewritable media, to use a RAM disc (providing that your drive is able to support these discs).

The best solution , however, is to save all Acronis backups in an external hard disk, that are certainly faster and more reliable than any rewritable media :)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely spot on geno.