InCD Problem renaming a folder - v 3.37.0

When I try to rename a folder within InCD - I get a error message.
“error renaming file or folder” “connot rename new folder: The parameter is incorrect” and it will just not rename a file or folder. Does anyone have any idea as to what’s going on? - My OS is Win2K sp3 and InCD ver. is 3.37.0 - Cd burner Lite-on LTR-48125W. It was a verbatin 40x12x48 upgraded to Lite-on.

When I check the InCD (E:
ew folder) properties I get the following info.
General
Label: InCD
Type: compact disk
File system: FS_UDF
Hardware
Lite-on LTR-48125W DVD-CDR
Device Properties
Manufacturer: (standard cd-rom drive)
Hardware Revision: Not Available
Device Status: This device is working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing appears to be wrong. INCD probably doesn’t like anyone
renaming or deleting folders which the program will access by itself. I believe INCD is always “on” though it may be in the
background. In Win XP the Windows Task Manager shows it as
on though I never access the program, INCD.

I’m talkig about renaming folders from a disk - not from the InCD program. When I access a cd that contains data and programs (CDRW) if I try to rename a file or folder within the cd disk I get the message “cannot rename new folder: the parameter is incoreect” and it does not matter what parameters I use still it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

In order to read the packet written disc, InCD does not have to be running. In order to write (change folder or file names), InCD must be active and running in the background.

Is InCD active when you are trying this renaming?

InCD v 3.37.0 is shite, it seems to crash more PCs than it works on. I have gone back to 3.31

Inertia

InCD is active when I try the renaiming of the files or folders.

Did you try ejecting the disc, rebooting, and trying again to rename?

Sometimes these baffling problems can be solved by removing the conflicting clutter from memory as a result of resetting the computer.

InCD problems solved by going back to ver. 3.31 - all is fine now.
Thank you all for responding.

Originally posted by JimHom
Nothing appears to be wrong. INCD probably doesn’t like anyone
renaming or deleting folders which the program will access by itself. I believe INCD is always “on” though it may be in the
background. In Win XP the Windows Task Manager shows it as
on though I never access the program, INCD.

It is always on, much like sound Blasters Audio EAX. I disabled both in the registry, but it took me some time and I don’t remember now how I did it. Now when I want the GD software running, I just start it. I have always wondered why software developers take it upoin themselves to not even give those of us who want it the choice of NOT starting the Fing software. That is one of my BIGGESt peeves.

You aren’t Robinison Crusoe on this one, Flores. I have precisely the same problems with InCD 3.37 & Win2kPro Sp2

I find no trouble in formatting CD-RW disks. I can drag and drop files/folders to these disks and even delete these files/folders from InCD formatted CD-RW disks. I can also move folders on these disks.

What I can’t do is:

1. Move files
  2. Rename either files or folders.

When I attempt these actions the following messages are displayed:
Cannot move “filename”: The parameter is incorrect
Cannot rename “filename (or foldername)”: The parameter is incorrect

Ejecting the disk and rebooting does not solve the problem.

Until I found this thread I had spent 2 full days trying to find an answer without getting anywhere. Didn’t find anything helpful at the Nero web site.

I am off now to download a copy of 3.31

Thanks all.

Originally posted by Flores
[B]When I try to rename a folder within InCD - I get a error message.
“error renaming file or folder” “connot rename new folder: The parameter is incorrect” and it will just not rename a file or folder. Does anyone have any idea as to what’s going on? - My OS is Win2K sp3 and InCD ver. is 3.37.0 - Cd burner Lite-on LTR-48125W. It was a verbatin 40x12x48 upgraded to Lite-on.

When I check the InCD (E:
ew folder) properties I get the following info.
General
Label: InCD
Type: compact disk
File system: FS_UDF
Hardware
Lite-on LTR-48125W DVD-CDR
Device Properties
Manufacturer: (standard cd-rom drive)
Hardware Revision: Not Available
Device Status: This device is working properly.

Thanks in advance. [/B]