Incd help

I’ve been using Direct CD but I want to install and use Nero InCD. Here is my problem. I installed the 2.26 which works with xp but when I boot up I continue to get the Icon in notification area with the Incd yellow and black exclamation point. I have to eject the cd and close again to recognize the drive. Is this natural? Any help would be appreciated.

I’m still waiting for word on this myself. Hopefully someone has figured this problem out.

I don’t understand why the InCD won’t work with my XP/LiteOn 32123S. I ran the update in the W2K compatibility mode and it installs fine. I get an InCD icon with a red exclamation point and when I right click on it it offers “about”, not the option to format. For some reason neither InCD, nor DirectCD recognize my drive with XP.

I haven’t tried this, but it’s possible the Roxio writing software resident in XP is conflicting. I never got around to trying InCD with XP writing off. I may try it again, but I’m not very hopeful at this point.

There is one alternative that I know of for packet writing and XP (that really works). I downloaded the fully functional 30 day VOB InstantCD6 and it’s packet writing worked right away. I don’t know how robust it is for copying, but it does write in RAW according to VOB. I haven’t seen many positive comments about it though, and VOB doesn’t give any detail about what it can and cannot copy. It doesn’t appear to be made to burn protected disks.

Back to Nero and InCD:

I really hate this. The new LiteOn drive comes with Nero 5.5.6.4 and is supposed to be fully compatible with XP. Nero is, InCD isn’t. It’s a little ingenuous of the manufacturer to bundle software that “half” works. By having to buy new software I’ve wasted any cost savings that I had made not buying a more expensive drive.

I agree, it is frustrating. Funny thing tho, I have the Liton 24102B and have the same problem. I will tell you that I have had luck with Direct CD but I just didn’t want to run that with Nero. I guess I have no choice at this point. I will try VOB, thanks for alternative.

Originally posted by vanmor91
I agree, it is frustrating. Funny thing tho, I have the Liton 24102B and have the same problem. I will tell you that I have had luck with Direct CD but I just didn’t want to run that with Nero. I guess I have no choice at this point. I will try VOB, thanks for alternative.
VOB InstantCD6 worked well right away, but they have another nifty feature, auto update (if you buy it). I’m not German (nothing against Germans) and until last night I didn’t know who VOB was.

Even though it worked for packet writing it didn’t appear to finish formatting when I formatted a disk. Strangely, it formats just fine you have to click the X or cancel. They have one patch for packet writing under their support tab. Also, the demo is not updated (even though it works fine). Once I bought it I did an auto update check and it said to download the update from October. Good luck. Maybe they’ll need to create a VOB room.