In your opinion whats the best burning software and encoder

whats the best burning software and encoder (such as dvd shrink) out there…I’m looking to make backups as painless as possible and I am a noob thx

Burning software is irrelevant as long as it gets the job done. Nero is OK. Alternatively, DVD Decrypter in combination with imgtool classic will burn your backups and is free.

As for encoders, everyone has their favorites, but personally, DVD Shrink for speed and DVD-Rebuilder for quality. Also, DVD-RB with the free Quenc encoder is still better quality-wise than any transcoder, and is free unlike CCE.

Like btspm said but the other problem you may run into will be media I use Ridata(ricohjpn) They are a good quality and you cant beat there price right now you can get 100pk for US $40 with $10mail in rebate at Newegg I just looked and that are what they are going for right now dont know for how long…

There are plenty brands that are good Taiyo Yuden is another the is a media forum where you can look and see people reply abpout all different types of media and a bargin basement where people put good deals

good luck

I would suggest AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Easy, quick, painless as you said.

I recommend starting out with DVD Shrink/DVD Decrypter combo. It will give you a reference point if nothing else. It’s also legal freeware which is nice. :wink:

My best for plain ol burning is Nero. For backing up movies DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, and finally for encoding/reencoding i have TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

As boring as it sounds but have you actually used the search regarding this matter?
I’m sure you’ll find helpful threads.
//Danne

just ordered the ridata dvd’s, thanks for the info,where did you hear about the rebate?