In need of alll kinds of help!

vbimport

OK, I am very new to all of this and I appoligise if I am in the wrong area, but as the title says I need all kinds of help. I recieved a DVD burner for a gift and it has been installed and now I don’t know what to do with it. I want to burn a windows movie maker file, but it is not supported. I am at a loss. I have Nero oem suite, and have downloaded the trial version of Windvd5, but other than that I don’t know what to do. Please have patience and pitty, and lend a hand. I am desperate!!
:rolleyes: :eek: [/FONT]

what’s the file extension of the file you want to put on a DvD ?

wswmm

Thats unusual, most files have a 3 character extension. Perhaps “hide extensions for known file types” is ticked off in Explorer settings. Check and see if it is, otherwise you are not seeing the correct extension.

Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View

should probably be .wmv if you havent done anything to change it.

turns out its right, just googled it, and first few hits show its actually the extension, damn U M$

Anyway, within the first few google hits for wswmm there are some guides to convert to dvd

.wswmm file are the project file used Windows Movie Maker. It contains a index of the all the clips and sound in the movie you are making. Go in WMM and load that project file and the go select; file, save movie as… Then try to burn it.

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

When I try to Save as… it only gives me the one option wswmm. How do I get other options?

Open Windows Movie Maker, load the project file. Afer its checked all the clips and stuff click; file > save movie file as… like this:

\\VH////

ok I have gotten my file saved as an .AVI, now how do I burn, Nero is still not recognizing the file it is requiring .bup, .vob, or .ifo.

You need to convert it to DVD first. I am not sure how to do this but otheers will… ppl?

\\VH////

Try here

\\VH////

Use a program ive found DVDsanta to be good for conversion, but then i too am fairly new to this.