In need of a small laptop hard drive

vbimport

i know its ancient but i have an old winbook xl laptop/ The hard drive went bad and i need a new one. It will only recognize up to an 8 gig hard drive so i need something like that or smaller. Anyone have anything they would want to part with???

Check this out, you might be able to get a compact flash adapter that lets you plug it into your laptops IDE socket, then just buy an 8gb compact flash card. You could also use a microdrive, but the compact flash uses less power than the microdrive, not to mention is uses almost no power compared to an actual HDD.

Link

i just need to get it going as cheap as possible and this may be the ticket. I have a 30g drive but i cannot get it to recognize it. It is from a navigation unit but it is just a standard laptop hard drive. I am going to try to get my friend to format it into smaller partititions and then maybe it will get it going that way. but this does look like a definite option!

[QUOTE=eric93se;2092533]Check this out, you might be able to get a compact flash adapter that lets you plug it into your laptops IDE socket, then just buy an 8gb compact flash card. You could also use a microdrive, but the compact flash uses less power than the microdrive, not to mention is uses almost no power compared to an actual HDD.

Link[/QUOTE]

That is a slick little device and inexpensive.

after checking on the prices of the cf cards, i would like to get a 8g, this may be more than the computer is worth. I know i am beating a dead horse with this thing but it works great for internet and basic work. so at this time still looking for a small hard drive until something better comes up