In my opinion asus sux

A couple weeks ago I sent my second RMA’ed asus board off the second time they send it back saying it is not the boards problem. They say it is my HD and CD and PCI configuration. Below is a section of my second RMA letter i sent off. My specs are as follows: My Asus A7V has a prophet dual mx video card, sound blaster sound card, 256mb of ram, 900mhz thunderbird CPU, and a 45gb IBM hard drive.

Here is a description of my problems with both boards and the troubleshooting I did with my first board. The first three months my computer worked great then my mp3’s sounded like birds chirping(not the speakers I switched them out, still bad), when I went to view jpeg’s they looked pixely and funny and sometimes the program would end because of the number or errors occurring. I also noticed that I couldn’t play games, the fps was horrible and I experienced the same problems as with viewing jpeg’s. I had windows 98se originally then I switched to another version, same thing, then I switched to windows 2000, same thing. I put an ATI card in, same thing, I put all my components into another computer and everything works flawlessly. I installed the 4in1 drivers before, in the middle, and after my other drivers. I have used the same drivers that I used when it worked. I have also downloaded new drivers. I have minimal applications on my computers so it couldn’t be a program problem. I called tech support many times and they told me to get a RMA.

Does it sound like a config problem or a MB problem, and if it is the MB how can I get a new one?:frowning:

Asus A7V is known for their problems.
If you have the wrong revision, you’re out of luck, to put it bluntly.

That is what I read on another forum when searching for information about that board.

All other products of ASUS are pretty much known for their quality and stability, don’t judge the whole brand based on one faulty product (type)

I agree both of you… in terms of your certain opinion…

However, I do think that customer service of ASUS is really sucks…

I am really sure that company produces such nice motherboards with great performance…

I have got ASUS A7A266… they did not mention anything about DDR memory compitability until they have numerous uncompatibilty question from users… I am one of them… Now you can see they put the list of compitable memory…

There were so many questions about DDR memory with A7A266 in the forum… it is now closed (well they say it is under construction but i do really doubt…)

mr.b21 … you can find quite helpful information in http://www.asus.com.tw

you are lucky you have got A7V series … that forum is still running…

thank you for your post uglyduck. i went to asus and found the fourm and trouble shooting section. it looks like my cpu is bad. here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.gordonfamily.com/AMD/ The thing that really sux is i have no warranty whick means i will have to buy a new one. oh well at least i get a faster processor.

I went thru 3 a7a266’s before I went mental at the supplier who decided to keep it for 8 weeks and then got me munny back - I now have a rather nice epox 8KHA+ which completely rocks…

I own a Asus A7V133 (with KT133a chipset) and am very pleased with it! Haven’t had to much probs with it. Only that XP takes control over the IRQ’s, but that’s not Asus fault.
I’ve got a Athlon TB 1,4 (running @ 1,61) installed with 512MB’s of RAM. As VGA I use a GF2pro. 4 of my 5 pci slots are in use.

And like I said, it’s rockstable! :smiley:

I own the same MB as you do, and this does NOT sound like a MB problem. I also got “chirps” when ripping mp3s, but that was somehow due to something with the Kenwood 72X CD-ROM. I don’t know why, but it would always jack up my mp3s…but the other drives would rip with no problem [of course much slower! :frowning: ] . It’s the typical things I would suggest…download the latest BIOS for the MB and flash it, download the latest drivers for your videocard and soundcard. My A7V has been going strong for about 1 1/2 years now…I have a 900 AMD T-Bird too, Geforce 2 GTS Videocard…

Originally posted by BadASCII
My A7V has been going strong for about 1 1/2 years now…I have a 900 AMD T-Bird too, Geforce 2 GTS Videocard…
Exactly the same goes for me! :slight_smile: