In CD 4.x - AND ALL THE PROBLEMS

vbimport

Nero 6 major error in cleaning temp files and instead wiping the c:\ drive - bad, bad so .11 fixed that - ? did it ?

Then InCD has major problems as well - think this is related to CD-RW firmware problems ? - no fix as yet.

Thought I might share this information with you all, - email I sent to Nero.

Subject: RE: In CD 4.x - AND ALL THE PROBLEMS

My - Delay in reply = to testing and waited for release of Nero 6 to test and install with InCD 4.x

“-” You asked “=” My reply.

• the type of media you used and how it was formatted (MRW or not-MRW)
    = COMPATIBLE cd-rw 1x-10x CD’s (Imation 1x-4x, Aopen 10x and 4x-12x, Compact 1x2x4x, Shark-W2 Formatted previously with InCD version 3.5.24.0 defaults.

• the version of InCD used (systray icon menu > about)
    = Any of the 4.x to 4.0.1.21

• the operating system you use (Win9x, 2000, XP etc.)
    = Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Home, and Windows 98SE

• and operating system language (i.e. English, Japanese…)
    = English

Error log files = Nil available.
CD-RW = Aopen 48x12x50x Just Link Just Speed CD-RW CRW4850 Firmware revision v1.04

I have tried everything I know InCD 4.x just will not work in XP or 98se.

Current status of installation is = NOTE, BOTH OS’s ARE ON THE SAME HARDWARE BOX.

Win 98se - Nero 5.5.10.42 with InCD 3.5.24.0 = Everything works. Have not tried Nero 6 and InCD 4.x failed with same problem as reported in Win XP Pro.

Win XP Pro (Built 2600 xpsp2.020422-1633 (Service Pack 1) - Nero 6 Ultra with 2009 update and InCD 3.5.24.0 - works fine and no problem.
InCD 4.x any version, problem is that XP reports CD-RW as 530 MB Total Size and 0 bytes free.
InCD 4.x any version will NOT format, error = 1. insert CD or 2. Check compatible CD…
Un-installed InCD 4.x and Re-installed InCD 3.5.24.0 - and it reports, reads, writes and formats CD-RW media with no problem.

NERO REPLY

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email.
Apparently there is a bug in the program…other users are experiencing similar Post-InCD4 problems. In the meantime, please stay with the old version until Our Engineers can resolve this issue.
Best regards
Ahead Support Team

:eek: :eek: