Improve TwinPeak (BlackCheck help)

Is the TwinPeak Tool for creating perfect 1:1 copies of SecuROM new that’s made by BlackCheck perfect?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/deo/hosted/twinpeak02.zip

What I mean is: can you make a perfect copy that works on every CD/DVD-ROM/writer? And do you need a special reader to make such a perfect copy f.i. a Lite-On or Asus??

I see posts about: what kind of value do I have to use, etc.
Is there room for improvement?

I don’t have the knowlegde to improve BlackChecks TwinPeak program, but if it’s the only tool to make perfect 1:1 copies (and that’s where we all working for at CDFreaks) why isn’t it improved any further? :confused:
F.i. atomatic detection for needed (sector)value, perfect reading for more drives, quicker reading for more drives, etc.

@BlackCheck :bow: :bow:
Can you improve the TwinPeak program or is this what we have to deal with?

To make everything clear: I’m not saying it’s not good (in fact it is the only good program for SecuROM new), but I just want perfection!!

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]What I mean is: can you make a perfect copy that works on every CD/DVD-ROM/writer? And do you need a special reader to make such a perfect copy f.i. a Lite-On or Asus??

Is there room for improvement?

To make everything clear: I’m not saying it’s not good (in fact it is the only good program for SecuROM new), but I just want perfection!! [/B]

Technically you can only make a working backup, at the moment it cannot be perfect, and no you cant make a backup what works in every CD/DVD-ROM/writer because some drives just cannot handle twinpeaks very well.

Theres room for improvement in everything.

(in fact it is the only good program for SecuROM new)
Blindwrite (4.2.5 is reccomended) and Alcohol 120% with DPM can both make a working backup of Securom NEW 4.8X copy protected titles. It works for some and not for others. Same for TwinPeaks.

But the copy of BlindWrite and Alcohol needs these programs to be installed to work (or the little DeamonTools prog) and if I’m correct with the TwinPeak copy you don’t need any prog to be installed.
So in my opinion that’s the best 1:1 copy.

because some drives just cannot handle twinpeaks very well.

But doesn’t this mean, that the can’t read the original as well?

It depends on what version of Blindwrite you use. Yes if the game is backed up with the latest version, it is needed to run the backup but with 4.2.5 and below (4.2.7 was the last version where you could choose (i think!) to install autoplay or not) you didnt need it installed to play your backup. It patched the image during the burn whereas twinpeaks does it to the image beforehand.

To be honest Ive never thought of this, but many people have had no trouble with the original, but have had trouble with their backups. So I’ll assume that we wont have trouble with our originals.

Originally posted by Namoh So in my opinion that’s the best 1:1 copy.

I’d like to note that it’s not possible to create a 1:1 copy of any SecuROM 4.8 game with Twinpeak or any other software for that matter.

A stand-alone that will work in most systems without emulation is possible…but it’s still not a 1:1. :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life

Actually, when running cdspeed scandisc on my BWA’d copy of UT2k3 in my Toshiba SD-M1712 I get a lot of red sectors, however I put the original in and it is all green. Both load from the drive, but it takes especially long with the backup on my Tosh (30s+). Cannot install from the BWA’d version on the Tosh either. LiteOn reports all green on the backup and will install from it just fine. I think that BWA doesn’t copy the ‘denser’ sectors (not possible if I’m not mistaken), but instead makes enough “twin” sectors to make the reader think that the sector is dense enough (correct me if I’m wrong). This obviously doesn’t fool Toshiba or Asus drives, those are the only ones that report red sectors for me on the Securom4.8+ backups.

/MLS

For those who don’t know it yet, blackcheck has
offered us the source code of twinpeak to
encourage further improvements, see

http://borg.cdfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=65147

it isn’t possible to make 1:1 copies of securom 4.8x games. you can make a working copy, not 1:1, using twinpeak

I know this thread is old but I didn’t see need for 2 of same threads.

@spath

Link is down, any other way I can download the source code?
Also, any idea on the likelyhood it can be adjusted to work with DiscJuggler?

Thanks

I think spath made a typo, try this link to the twinpeaks source code.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65147