Important Questions

vbimport

Hello there y’all cd-burning loonies! Iv’e got some questions that I think many people would like to have the answer to. Here they are:

*Iv’e got a PlexWriter 12/10/32A, and I know that only some TLA revisions can write in RAW, but my question is this: In CloneCD in the write-page I can write in RAW DAO but does that mean I can copy a SafeDisc2 protected game AND play it on my Pioneer CD-ROM?

*I read somewhere that PlexWriters don’t support writing on a 90/99min CDR:s. Is this true or is it only older models that can’t? Is my PW121032A able to write 90/99min CDR:s?

*How do I make a perfect copy of SafeDisc2 protected games? I have Perfect Copy 2000 and Copy Protection Detection but neither of them have the options needed for CloneCD to make a 1:1 perfect copy of a SafeDisc2 game…

*Where or how do I update Perfect Copy 2000 (wich is a great program)? I checked out www.perfectcopy.org several times, but their site has been closed…

Thanx to everyone who answers this thread…
Your’e all blessed by the oh-so-all-mighty-Grongi!?
Thanks again…

/Grongi

Originally posted by Grongi
*Iv’e got a PlexWriter 12/10/32A, and I know that only some TLA revisions can write in RAW, but my question is this: In CloneCD in the write-page I can write in RAW DAO but does that mean I can copy a SafeDisc2 protected game AND play it on my Pioneer CD-ROM?

No since RAW or not RAW compatible has nothing to do with the burner being able to make successful back-ups of SafeDisc 2. Note that most TLA can write RAW, but only TLA#0101 cannot read SubChannel Data.

*I read somewhere that PlexWriters don’t support writing on a 90/99min CDR:s. Is this true or is it only older models that can’t? Is my PW121032A able to write 90/99min CDR:s?

Partially true. It can write up to 84 minutes but with overburning is can reach 89:59. Check here for a list of writing times.

*How do I make a perfect copy of SafeDisc2 protected games? I have Perfect Copy 2000 and Copy Protection Detection but neither of them have the options needed for CloneCD to make a 1:1 perfect copy of a SafeDisc2 game…

This is because the settings for SafeDisc 2 are the same as for SafeDisc 1! The problem is writing the SafeDisc 2 error sectors. These programs give the correct settings (Fast Error Skip enabled) but that’s it.

*Where or how do I update Perfect Copy 2000 (wich is a great program)? I checked out www.perfectcopy.org several times, but their site has been closed…

Perfect Copy has been discontinued. There is now Echo 2000 but the site is down.

That should cover your questions :slight_smile:

Greets

Thanks… but there are still a questions about SD2:

*Can my writer make a perfect copy of SD2 games?

anyways: thanks
your answer was “inderdaad”!
Bless ya!

/Grongi

The PlexWriter 1210a can only make a back-up that works in the writer. It won’t work in other CD-ROMs. There are some writers that can do it when FirmWare 1.4 is used. There’s a big discussion on this topic so I can’t say if it’ll work with yours. I’m working on a complete SafeDisc capable burners list. I’ll post it when it’s done!

Thanx a lot! You’re the man G@mefre@k!
I only wish that you could make a english version of your homepage too.

Cheers from Sweden!
A LOT of thankyous from Grongi