Important: Necessary Needed Features In Successor Of Clonedvd2 Release!

Elby’s Clonedvd 2 version has got good updates, my compliments.

However some original dvd’s need extra features that are not included in Clonedvd 2, which the last DVDCOPY PLATINUM version did had before the rippinge engine was taken out.

These features are necessary in the
next Elby’s Clonedvd:

  1. Compression bar: where you can select which parts
    of the dvd needs extra compression (like dvdxcopy
    platinum 4.0.3.8);
  2. Dvd rescue: if an dvd has scratches, that it reads raw
    and restores the data of the dvd, making it able to
    backup without problems;
  3. Quality bar improvement: if an dvd has quality below
    60%, that it boosts to 100% quality of the audio &
    video streams on the dvd for backup;
  4. Edit menu: if you deslect some titles (like commercial,
    that you can take out the link in the menu referring to
    it, so you have only an menu with links of the
    selected titles of the dvd)

I do hope elaborate bytes takes these necessary functions into consideration and builds them into the next Clonedvd release !

Note: if someone has more suggestions, put them in
this thread, hopefully the staff of Elaborate
Bytes will take these modifications into
consideration for the next Clonedvd release !

I believe that DVDs cannot be read by RAW means.

In the successor of Elby’s Clonedvd 2, the following is also necessary.

  1. Merge multiple disc: (seen in Intvervideo Dvd copy),
    so while you are in the select data/transcoding
    proces being able after disc 1 is finished to open the
    disc drawer and flip the disc over to take the second
    part of the dvd and merge them on 1 dvd.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD SELECT THE INTERFACE LANGUAGE THROUGH A MENU.
ENGLISH MIGHT NOT BE FIRST LANGUAGE BUT MANY OF US
FIND IT USEFULL TO READ ENGLISH IN PROGRAM INTERFACES .
BY THE WAY ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET MY DEFAULT LANGUAGE AS ENGLISH ?

Originally posted by MALAX
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD SELECT THE INTERFACE LANGUAGE THROUGH A MENU.
ENGLISH MIGHT NOT BE FIRST LANGUAGE BUT MANY OF US
FIND IT USEFULL TO READ ENGLISH IN PROGRAM INTERFACES .
BY THE WAY ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET MY DEFAULT LANGUAGE AS ENGLISH ?

You can change the CloneDVD shortcut to set a different interface language. Please read the CloneDVD2 help for details.

Originally posted by armin

For example calling “clonedvd.exe -l ja” will start the user interface in Japanese.
So appending “-l en” to the end of ‘Target’ entry in your CloneDVD2 Desktop Shortcut will do the trick.

CloneDVD 2 Command Line Options

The next successor of elby’s clonedvd2 should also have the next feature:

  1. Merge Multiple DVD: that from both dvd discs the
    whole menus remain the same without getting an
    title select menu only

  2. Disc format size select: making it as extensive in
    handling data as possible, cause in a while dvd discs
    get an successor that can contain 7 x data size as
    normal dvd and have lifelong-guarantee

Hope you read all this Eloborate bytes, this only makes your software the best it can be with al these tips. :bigsmile:

Dual Layer burners will be out in a few months, then who needs all this really?

Not taking a dig at the makers of this fine program, but since DVD burners became real cheap, VCD and also SVCD has pretty much vanished of the scene, and I’m sure programs like CloneDVD and all the other which “does the same” will fade away too.

Originally posted by Oz.
[B]Dual Layer burners will be out in a few months, then who needs all this really?

Not taking a dig at the makers of this fine program, but since DVD burners became real cheap, VCD and also SVCD has pretty much vanished of the scene, and I’m sure programs like CloneDVD and all the other which “does the same” will fade away too. [/B]

Dual Layer will take some time to take off and probably you’re right, but this only adresses the transcoding.

Merging movies, removing advertisements, etc. will stil be important! And we will try to make CloneDVD the best merger & remover available. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Olli

And we will try to make CloneDVD the best merger & remover available. :slight_smile:
Yes, pls do that !

How about 6x burn speed?

Originally posted by nealh
How about 6x burn speed?

Which writer supports that?

my 811s will burn at 6x with DVD decrypter…providing a better burn for dvd replay on ricoh dvd+r