Immediate crash on DVD->PS3 in 5.0.5.8

vbimport

I upgraded to 5.0.5.8, and tried to rip a DVD to PS3 default profile. It immediately said “Task 1 cancelled” in the log window, and popped up with the “Successful” screen within a second. Did not have time to play with it more, so immediately went back to 5.0.5.5… just wanted to throw this out there. I’ll re-upgrade when I have more time to test. Anyone else seeing this?

Does this happen when you click Start or when you open the PS3 profile or Conversion Settings page?

Signals this happens to me on any mobile option. It happens when start is pushed, instantly says finished.

[QUOTE=triggerx44;2091928]I upgraded to 5.0.5.8, and tried to rip a DVD to PS3 default profile. It immediately said “Task 1 cancelled” in the log window, and popped up with the “Successful” screen within a second. Did not have time to play with it more, so immediately went back to 5.0.5.5… just wanted to throw this out there. I’ll re-upgrade when I have more time to test. Anyone else seeing this?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, yes. Just tried a conversion with 5.0.5.8 Beta…Ipod mp4 and also tried Ipod h.264…received the same pop-up…“Task 1 cancelled”…“Successful”

I did this with hdd files known to be ok. Had previously converted from these without any problems.
I just created a bkup dvd to dvd…also with 5.0.5.8 Beta and had no problems. Looks like I’ll be reverting if I need to do any conversions before Fengtao and Ting put in the fix.

The race is on…Fengtao and Ting…
Tag, you guys are it…:iagree::bigsmile:

[Edit] Man, I just fixed about 4 spelling/grammatical errors…geesh, I need more coffee…and where’s my medication?..:stuck_out_tongue:

oh no…not good at all.

[QUOTE=signals;2091937]Does this happen when you click Start or when you open the PS3 profile or Conversion Settings page?[/QUOTE]

Happens right after you click START. (but this might already be known since the issue seems fairly reproducable) EDIT: and because Jethro already stated it… doh… need to slow down and READ a little. :wink:

Hi triggerx44,

We can reproduce the problem, and it will be fixed in next version.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao