ImgBurn

vbimport

I have read some on this forum prefer using ImgBurn instead of Nero.

I currently use Nero 8 and, in my opinion, it is huge, bloated piece of software that takes forever to install.

And it will not install properly if it detects a previous version of Nero. The stupid Nero cleanout program, in my case at least, did not get rid of all traces of the previous version so I could not proceed with Nero 8.

It took a clean install of the OS to get Nero 8 installed. Needless to say a lot of work was required for this program to work. So I have a very low opinion of nero so I am looking for a simpler burning program.

What makes ImgBurn better or worse than Nero??

thx.

It can’t burn Audio CD or VCD, and doesn’t support creating folder in build mode. Otherwise it’s better than Nero in every way.

Woolverine wrote,
"What makes ImgBurn better or worse than Nero??

Well for one thing “it is not a huge, bloated piece of software that takes forever to install.” The fact that the majority of members here and other forums use it and thereby recommend it and it’s free…Try it you’ll like it! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Spitfire_x86;2054667]It can’t burn Audio CD or VCD, and doesn’t support creating folder in build mode. Otherwise it’s better than Nero in every way.[/QUOTE]

It can burn Audio Cd from .bin .cue

It can create audio cd from MP3/AAC/FLAC/OGG/APE + others thru directshow.

I have also used to to burn KVCD (suprised that worked must be 1 session and from bin cue)

[QUOTE=dontasciime;2054673]It can burn Audio Cd from .bin .cue

It can create audio cd from MP3/AAC/FLAC/OGG/APE + others thru directshow.

I have also used to to burn KVCD (suprised that worked must be 1 session and from bin cue)[/QUOTE]

:iagree:
I use IMGBurn mainly for it’s video burning superiority , and use burrrn
for audio cd’s …frankly I can’t remember the last time I used ner0, uh wait, heck I don’t even have it installed any longer. :slight_smile:
I’m sure ner0 has it’s pros and of course many users, just not in my systems…

The only way you are going to find out for sure, is to try it yourself, read the guides, which are plentiful & learn to use it properly, which isn’t that hard, because it is very user friendly. As it is free, with next to nothing for a footprint, it is not going to hog up your system. Your the best judge, but I can pretty well guarantee, that when you try it, you ain’t going back.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2054685]The only way you are going to find out for sure, is to try it yourself, read the guides, which are plentiful & learn to use it properly, which isn’t that hard, because it is very user friendly. As it is free, with next to nothing for a footprint, it is not going to hog up your system. Your the best judge, but I can pretty well guarantee, that when you try it, you ain’t going back.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, Its the best burning app out there! And if there is something you don’t think it does well just post your suggestions on the forum on the Imgburn website and you will get an actual response. Try that with Nero or any of the other so called great burning apps and see what happens.
budzos

All in one apps like Nero etc. are like all in one audio/video equipment Never as good as precise components.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2054669]Woolverine wrote,
"What makes ImgBurn better or worse than Nero??

Well for one thing “it is not a huge, bloated piece of software that takes forever to install.” The fact that the majority of members here and other forums use it and thereby recommend it and it’s free…Try it you’ll like it! :)[/QUOTE]

i’m sorry to say the link to nero is free the app is 15 day trial.

Well, everyone loves free entertainment!
Have fun clicking that free download link, while everyone else is burning CD/DVD’s :wink:

BTW, which cheek is the genius? The left or the right?

[QUOTE=debro;2061783]Well, everyone loves free entertainment!
Have fun clicking that free download link, while everyone else is burning CD/DVD’s :wink:

BTW, which cheek is the genius? The left or the right?[/QUOTE] indeed, what makes you I’m in need of Nero 8, i don’t have it, can’t get it, or don’t know how, needles to say i’m without any version of nero this includes the latest one.

[QUOTE=co21;2062410]indeed, what makes you I’m in need of Nero 8, i don’t have it, can’t get it, or don’t know how, needles to say i’m without any version of nero this includes the latest one.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried buying it!:flower:

not interested, extremely happy with the app i have, it’s free, doesn’t give me the problem that nero does even paying for it i wouldn’t be happy, nero it’s nothing special, maybe repeat maybe to some don’t know any better, search you will, search you will find better apps, they don’t cost staggering $200, it is ludicrous to pay for app not being happy, it’s not ludicrous to pay for app and be happy. indeed people are not happy with nero.

[QUOTE=debro;2061783]Well, everyone loves free entertainment!

BTW, which cheek is the genius? The left or the right?[/QUOTE]my dear member friend the “NET” it’s free for access to anyone/everyone, search answers you’ll find, don’t search answers you won’t find.