ImgBurn Errors All Of A Sudden

vbimport

Hey guys and gals…

I’ve been using ImgBurn for a long time now and just recently having issues :eek: burning media I used DVDFab to rip to HDD… ruined two Taiyo Premiums (which has NEVER happened) in the process… any help would be welcome as I am good at using programs, but not good at the technical stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

below is from the log screen:

Operation Started!
Building Image Tree…
Checking Directory Depth…
Calculating Totals…
Preparing Image…
Checking Path Length…
Contents: * Files, * Folders
Content Type: DVD Video
Data Type: MODE1/2048
File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
Volume Label: *
IFO/BUP 32K Padding: Enabled
Region Code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
TV System: NTSC
Size: 3,592,552,448 bytes
Sectors: 1,754,176
Image Size: 3,593,175,040 bytes
Image Sectors: 1,754,480
Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:02
Operation Started!
Source File: -==//[BUILD IMAGE]/==-
Source File Sectors: 1,754,480 (MODE1/2048)
Source File Size: 3,593,175,040 bytes
Source File Volume Identifier: *
Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.5.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn
Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
Destination Device: [1:1:0] BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCIB (E:) (ATA)
Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)
Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496
Write Mode: DVD
Write Type: DAO
Write Speed: 6x
Link Size: Auto
Lock Volume: Yes
Test Mode: No
OPC: No
BURN-Proof: Enabled
Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 8,310 KB/s (6x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x)
Advanced Settings - OverSpeed: No, Solid Burn (K/U): Yes / Yes, WOPC: Yes
Filling Buffer… (40 MB)
Writing LeadIn…
Writing Session 1 of 1… (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 1754479)
Writing Track 1 of 1… (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 1754479)
Failed to Write Sectors 46240 - 46271 - Reason: Write Error
Retrying (1 of 20)…
Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write
Retrying (2 of 20)…
Retrying (3 of 20)…
Retrying (4 of 20)…
Retrying (5 of 20)…
***** (… etc to 23)
Failed to Write Sectors 46240 - 46271 - Reason: Write Error
Next Writable Address: 46288
Synchronising Cache…
User opted to skip the ‘Close Track/Session/Disc’ functions.
Failed to Write Image!
Exporting Graph Data…
Graph Data File: C:\Documents and Settings\Gatekeeper\Application Data\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\BENQ_DVD_LS_DW1655_BCIB_TUESDAY-JANUARY-19-2010_7-15_PM_TYG02_6x.ibg
Export Successfully Completed!
Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:02:14
Average Write Rate: 1,422 KB/s (1.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3,360 KB/s (2.4x)

Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 8,310 KB/s (6x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x)
Advanced Settings - OverSpeed: No, Solid Burn (K/U): Yes / Yes, WOPC: Yes
Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)
Average Write Rate: 1,422 KB/s (1.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3,360 KB/s (2.4x)

it seems you picked an unsupported write speed(6x)
when that happens it defaults to the lowest speed and causes havoc with everything
my Pioneer 115D defaulted to 1x on a CMC MAG AM3, after 25 min. it was only 60% done :eek: (so I killed it and launched the disc across the room)
if anymore problems try changing Solid Burn to No/No with TYG02 at least (Solid Burn is more of a problem with BENQ DW1650):cool:

grrrr…

now my DVD authoring program (Magix Movie Edit pro11) won’t work - i/o error… what are the chances my BENQ is finally dying?

frustrating… is there anything I can do to find out besides taking my tower into where I had it built?

Is this the first time burning the TY’s?..Is your drive’s firmware up to date?..Just for the heck of it, try different media…You never know!..I know, I know!, TY’s are [I]one[/I] of the most reliable/recommended…But so are Verbies…Again, you never know!..
However, yeah! HW does fail eventually…sh*t happens!..:wink:

I’ve been using the Ty’s for a long time now and have never had any issies… now out of the blue I am having write errors, “check condition” messages, "Invalid address for write…

ImgBurn, Nero, and Magix,… none of them are burning discs anymore…

How can I find the root of the problem?

As I stated, “sh*t happens”…Try different media…Any new SW installs?..Upgrade the drive’s FW…Right-click drive in Imgburn and ‘Check for Firmware Updates’…

My money is on a failing drive.
A good drive cleaning might help though.

k, well, still no luck… I did get a couple of my HDD files to burn with ImgBurn but Magix still tells me there was an I/O error during burning process…

I ordered a fairly inexpensive and well reviewed replacement drive… if I could buy one more, what drive should I get (I have 2 empty slots left). The people who built my tower scoffed at a blu ray drive as if they were a novelty… what’s the BEST DVD burner out there right now?

guess I’m beginning the mourning process for my reliable old BENQ :frowning:

appreciate those who try and help here. Only way to learn is to be taught!

Buk

Can you use SATA interface drives? If so, the Optiarc 7240s is a good drive. And they seem to be getting good results from the Samsung SH-S243 in this thread: http://club.myce.com/f105/samsung-sh-s243-results-discussion-304840/index8.html

I have no experience with that Samsung though, so you might want to talk to the guys who are doing the testing in there.

I believe I can, yes. How can I be sure? (NOT the world’s biggest tech-head, know just enough to get me into trouble!) Pretty sure when I opened her up to dust-off the insides I saw a SATA ribbon(?)

current (trouble) drive is the BENQ DVDLS DW1655

just ordered Samsung Internal Half Height DVD-W Supermulti SATA 22X Lightscribe

will look up your recommendation… have never installed a new burn drive… any tips?

**** JUST ordered one of the Sony Nec Optiarc AD-7241S-0B 24X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA Drive with LightScribe guess it’s the newer version of your recommendation ****

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2487353]
[B]my Pioneer 115D defaulted to 1x on a CMC MAG AM3[/B], after 25 min. it was only 60% done :eek: (so I killed it and launched the disc across the room)
if anymore problems try changing Solid Burn to No/No with TYG02 at least (Solid Burn is more of a problem with BENQ DW1650):cool:[/QUOTE]

What was the reason for this??

Hi,[QUOTE=BukowskiSoul;2488070]

just ordered Samsung Internal Half Height DVD-W Supermulti SATA 22X Lightscribe[/quote]:eek:

will look up your recommendation… have never installed a new burn drive… any tips?

Most ODD manufacturers have hardware installation instructions available, at least on their support websites. :wink:

Michael

[B]Okay…
couldn’t wait for the Amazon orders to get here, so went and got an LG GH22NP20 22x Writer from Best Buy for like 45 bucks and I can once again burn discs!

I think I somehow disabled my CD-Rom though in the process of installing the LG :stuck_out_tongue:

SOOO wish I was more computer inclined… I know just enough to get myself in trouble :slight_smile:

so hopefully I can figure out how to A. get my CD-R drive functional again (i simply replaced the dead BENQ from below it, but there are SATA connections they seem to share?)
and B. figure out how to get my other new drives installed and functional. Not sure if I’ll have all the connections needed, but bought a couple things to try…

thanks for the help!

Buk[/B]