ImgBurn Create Layer Break Position

Hey guys, I recently switched to ImgBurn from VOS after reading several suggestions throughout this site. I’m getting the above message come up and don’t have a clue what to do. It list several “options”, not sure what I should be setting it at or what to look for.
If anyone is around, I need an answer ASAP.
Thanks in advance, you guys really help people like me beyond belief.

Look at the colored stars, and choose the layer break position with the best color ranking. If they are all the same, pick one close to 50/50, preferably without a lot of fast action (you can preview video at the LB position using the button provided).

As signals stated, use the star rating and you can definitely use the preview for the layerbreaks. Try and pick one where a scene ends or something of that nature.

I am sorry, I couldn’t be bothered to search out the one pic, it’s in the following.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

If I’m not mistaken, none of the stars were coloured, all were grayed out. I’ll try again in a bit and lets you guys know.
beef: I didn’t realize ImgBurn could burn VOB files, that may make part of another problem a little easier.
Thanks

BoSox suggestion about the scene transition is also a good idea. I also try to choose one without a lot of padding.

Hey guys, having similar/same problem as before. Trying to back up Harry Potter King Returns(?), getting same create layer break position, but all options/stars are grey. What would “ignore layer break options” do? And, why do i have to choose, when i use vso, it automatically, i assume, chooses option.

i prefer using imgburn for speed, need some clarification and/or direction.

I don’t know what to add. If they are all the same, pick the one with the least padding closest to 50/50 and preview the scenes for the optimum choice. With VSO, the criteria it uses for choosing are unknown and there is no way to see in advance where it will fall; with ImgBurn, you are in charge.

Fair enough. I ended up using VSO for this one. I’ll try again on some others. Thanks for the advice, I guess I was hoping there was some other magic criteria other than the coloured stars. A couple others I backed up had the green stars, so I used that.
I appreciate the help, I’ve been doing this awhile but still don’t really have a clue about the ins and outs, I guess. Learn something new everyday. Just not sure what today was.
Keep up the good work here, gentlemen. Simpletons like me need your input.

[quote=swizzel;2201625]Hey guys, having similar/same problem as before. Trying to back up Harry Potter King Returns(?), getting same create layer break position, but all options/stars are grey. What would “ignore layer break options” do? And, why do i have to choose, when i use vso, it automatically, i assume, chooses option.

i prefer using imgburn for speed, need some clarification and/or direction.[/quote]You have to actually “click” on the layer break to make the stars go from “grey” to gold.

-IP

Thanks very much, it was useful.

[QUOTE=harishkumar09;2668299]Thanks very much, it was useful.[/QUOTE]

Check out the layer break guide linked to in my signature as well.

[B]Wombler[/B]