Imgburn and Solid burn settings

I recently have been using Imgburn to burn my discs and I noticed with the new version that under drive settings you can enabled all the QSuite settings including WOPC and Solid burn and Booktyping. I am wondering if these settings are only used when the Imgburn program is open or they stay in the BenQ 1655 even when the program is closed.

Yes, the settings shouldn’t be changed. It would be the same like when you’re set the options in Qsuite.

The SB/OS/Booktype settings will remain in the drive’s EEPROM so it doesn’t matter if you close ImgBurn.

alan1476 I’m surprised you ask… :wink:

And the same goes for CD-DVD Speed, ImgBurn (and DVDInfo Pro, IIRC), except for QScan.

You can use what ever application you like, it’s all there in drive. :slight_smile:

Oooops, sorry alan1476, I was reading another thread while answering you.

…I am wondering if these settings are only used when the Imgburn program is open or they stay in the BenQ 1655 even when the program is closed.
ImgBurn, CD-DVD Speed can only manage SB and OS settings temporarily.
If you used QSuite and enabled SB OS system settings then they are active until you change this.
Note also, cleaning learned media can only be done with QSuite.

[QUOTE=pinto2]Oooops, sorry alan1476, I was reading another thread while answering you.

ImgBurn, CD-DVD Speed can only manage SB and OS settings temporarily.
If you used QSuite and enabled SB OS system settings then they are active until you change this.

Am I not understanding this or is this what Zevias post also mean’t. Posted by Zevia:
<HR style=“COLOR: #d1d1e1” SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

The SB/OS/Booktype settings will remain in the drive’s EEPROM so it doesn’t matter if you close ImgBurn.

I can’t answer for zevia but as far as I know, QSuite is the only app being able to set these functions (SB and OS) as system settings, (ie. active even after a restart).

Haven’t spend that much time yet with ImgBurb 1.2.0.0 so I can’t say anything about that in details…

But bitsetting will ofcourse remain the same until you chage it, no matter what app/tool you use. This is not a temporary setting.

No both of your posts seem quite feasible and I am using 1.2.0.0. The only thing that makes me wonder is that when you enable the settings in Imgburn, they do not show in QSuite 2.1 but when you enable the settings in CD-DVD Speed they do show up in QSuite 2.1.

Hi :slight_smile:
Alan + anyone else. When you use QSuite to set SB/OS etc you should’ve seen the following. Temporal setting - this means that setting will last until system restarted. In other words this is not hardware controlled, so no change to drive setting. System setting - this means setting will remain even after rebooting. This as you’ve probably worked out is a hardware setting, so drive retains these settings even if put in another pc.
This is what pinto2 is saying.
Cleaning EEPROM of Learned Memory can be done without QSuite as far as the 1640 goes, simply flash to an earlier f/w that doesn’t support SB etc. With 1650/1655 as no f/w exists that doesn’t support SB etc, then crossflashing can clean EEPROM. These methods are not recommended. Only as last resort. Using QSuite is the easiest/safest & logical way to do clean Learned Memory. Even if like me this would mean installing QSuite, as I don’t keep it on my system for day to day running.
Edit: I haven’t used Imgburn, so no comment in this respect.

Let me rephrase again.

Setting SolidBurn, OverSpeed and Booktype will remain in the drive’s EEPROM, using either QSuite, ImgBurn or Nero CD-DVD Speed. All these programs are able to set to “system settings” (will not change after system restart)

alan1476 did you burn any disc between the period enabling SB/OS in ImgBurn and checking the settings/reports with QSuite?
:wink:

Edit1, zevia the settings in CD-DVD Speed are only repeated temporary settings as long as that box is checked. If you use any other application to burn (after a restart) those settings are not active.

Edit2, anybody wanna learn more about the details what really happens in flasheprom can use TraceSPTI to check the commands.

So let me see if I understand, if I set the Solid burn and WOPC settings in Imgburn they are only temporal and will remain until I reboot, and if I set the system setting I do not have even set the settings in Imgburn it will do it from the System setting in QSuite. I think I have it now, Thanks again everybody.

alan1476 did you burn any disc between the period enabling SB/OS in ImgBurn and checking the settings/reports with QSuite?

I am in the process of testing with Solid burn enabled by Imgburn and the proggy closed with QSuite left in default settings. I will get back to you.

ImgBurn can set them as temporary options or as system ones.

Isn’t that pretty obvious from the ‘New Setting’ drop down box?! :stuck_out_tongue:

It has options that say ‘(Temporary)’ and options that say ‘(System)’.

When I change them in ImgBurn, I can refresh QSuite and it knows they’ve been changed just fine. That was one of the ways I checked I’d done it correctly in the first place!

I’ve just tested it, like i mentioned before it would be the same with using Qsuite.
Also thanks Lightning UK, i like this feature in ImgBurn.

I am almost sure that Nero CD-DVD Speed SB/OS settings are “system settings” and not temporary, thus post #10.

If you change the settings in Nero CD-DVD Speed and restart, they will remain.

If you use any other application to burn (after a restart) those settings are not active.
Maybe that “other application” changed the settings. What application?

Hi :slight_smile:
In the following you will see that Enable SolidBurn via CD/DVDSpeed can be either temporal or system. Fig 1 shows SB enabled for known media in QSuite, this is system set. Disable in CD/DVDSpeed & this remains until reboot (fig 2). Therefore temporal. Fig 3 shows SB disabled in QSuite, again a system setting. CD/DVDSpeed used to enable SB. After reboot SB is re-enabled in QSuite (see fig 4), hence the CD/DVSpeed setting of SB was system not temporal.

zebadee, sorry to say but your test was incorrect.

I can see in fig 1 in Nero CD Speed that Overspeed is enabled so you can’t disable SB for known and unknown media.

Edit: simply run test for fig 1 and check again in Nero (don’t reboot) and you can see that known media ticked again. This is because Overspeed is enabled.

I have just tested and just as Zebadee and Lightning UK have posted, there are temporal settings and system setting in ImgBurn that will act just as QSuite does and will be enabled in QSuite by using the Imgburn settings. So now I have no use for QSuite other than QScan which I do not use. My questions have been answered and thanks to all who posted.

Your program is very impressive and I for one want to thank you for your support and making this program available.