Imgburn and dvd fab platinum

vbimport

Hi all
When i use imgburn inconjunction with fab, how do i ensure imgburn outputs a ISO file to disc and not a vts file

[QUOTE=Icewarrior;2000132]Hi all
When i use imgburn inconjunction with fab, how do i ensure imgburn outputs a ISO file to disc and not a vts file[/QUOTE]
Hi Ice,
You don’t have to do anything. Img will output an .ISO file regardless…:wink:

Hi mainman

I tried to burn a disc today with fab and imgburn, after fab was done, img burn software loaded up and kicked in and burned the disc, but the resulting file was a audio ts_ts, and a video_ts, not what i wanted, i was expecting a 1x ISO file on opening the disc up after.

I must of done something wrong, if imgburn only produces ISO.

[quote=Icewarrior;2000213]Hi mainman

I tried to burn a disc today with fab and imgburn, after fab was done, img burn software loaded up and kicked in and burned the disc, but the resulting file was a audio ts_ts, and a video_ts, not what i wanted, i was expecting a 1x ISO file on opening the disc up after.

I must of done something wrong, if imgburn only produces ISO.[/quote]
When used in Build Mode Imgburn will burn a compliant DVD.

Oh thanks Alan,

I have just checked this out, changed the mode in imgburn from build to write, and the display as changed.

What should i do know just let dvdfab do it’s work, or will it revert back when fab is done.

Cheers

[quote=Icewarrior;2000242]Oh thanks Alan,

I have just checked this out, changed the mode in imgburn from build to write, and the display as changed.

What should i do know just let dvdfab do it’s work, or will it revert back when fab is done.

Cheers[/quote]
Yes, it will revert back to build mode when it used with Fab.:iagree: In write mode you will get an .iso.

Sorry alan,

What i should of said was, when dvd fab is done doing its bit, to the disc, and then imgburn kicks in, will it stay in write mode, for me to be able to get a ISO.

[quote=Icewarrior;2000253]Sorry alan,

What i should of said was, when dvd fab is done doing its bit, to the disc, and then imgburn kicks in, will it stay in write mode, for me to be able to get a ISO.[/quote]
No. :slight_smile:

Oh no:doh:
So how do i produce a ISO to my disc, incoporating both fab and img burn.

[quote=Icewarrior;2000259]Oh no:doh:
So how do i produce a ISO to my disc, incoporating both fab and img burn.[/quote]
Why would you want to do that? I don’t understand. :confused:

well i want to do is copy my movies, to back them up,and i want to back them up in ISO file format.

I thought by running them through fab first, it would remove the protection off them,and then burn it with imgburn, to create a ISO.

Why how would you do it,would you just use the one program.
still learning you see alan.

Cheers

[QUOTE=Icewarrior;2000277]well i want to do is copy my movies, to back them up,and i want to back them up in ISO file format.

I thought by running them through fab first, it would remove the protection off them,and then burn it with imgburn, to create a ISO.

Why how would you do it,would you just use the one program.
still learning you see alan.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Ice,

To do what you want, I would just use Fab and select ISO as the output.

(Just under source)

I think you are unnecessarily complicating a simple procedure.

Hi Ice,

Sorry about my initial response, please just ignore it. Hopefuly, you already have…I misread your post…:doh:
I was at work and in a hurry…far too much going on for this old brain I’m afraid.

[QUOTE=Icewarrior;2000132]Hi all
When i use imgburn inconjunction with fab, how do i ensure imgburn outputs a ISO file to disc and not a vts file[/QUOTE]

an ISO file is a virtual disc. open imgburn in build mode and click options. now what file system do you see? the default output of imgburn is ISO 9660 + UDF 1.02.

Hi,

Currently, DVDFab will only call ImgBurn for real burning. For building ISO, DVDFab will do it internally.

We will add ISO building by ImgBurn feature asap.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

We will add ISO building by ImgBurn feature asap.

one word. DAMN

(sorry for the curse)

:bow: :slight_smile:

talk about support. thanks fengtao.

now maybe im the one which is confused. please let me know.

my understanding Icewarrior wanted to burn an iso image to dvd. then opened the dvd with windows only to see video_ts and audio_ts folders not an ISO file. the files are written ISO and UDF file system compliant. so the burned disc is the same as the iso image on his computer.

or am i way off base here and Icewarrior is wanting to use ImgBurn in Read Mode to create an ISO image file?

[QUOTE=troy512;2000395]an ISO file is a virtual disc. open imgburn in build mode and click options. now what file system do you see? the default output of imgburn is ISO 9660 + UDF 1.02.[/QUOTE]

heres some more Icewarrior:
http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/iso.cfm
http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/iso_9660.cfm
http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/udf.cfm

[QUOTE=troy512;2000413]now maybe im the one which is confused. please let me know.

my understanding Icewarrior wanted to burn an iso image to dvd. then opened the dvd with windows only to see video_ts and audio_ts folders not an ISO file. the files are written ISO and UDF file system compliant. so the burned disc is the same as the iso image on his computer.

or am i way off base here and Icewarrior is wanting to use ImgBurn in Read Mode to create an ISO image file?[/QUOTE]

I understood him to mean that he wanted to burn a backup ISO of his DVD to the hard disk…

Now I’m confused too !!!

:confused:

I thought he wanted to rip with DVDFab to a folder and have Img build the ISO. ??