ImgBurn ad sponsor

vbimport

Has ImgBurn silently changed the ad sponsor ?

The /NOCANDY parameter doesn’t seem to work anymore as i get an ‘Install Additional Software dialog’ after selecting the start menu folder.
IIRC the installation should start right after selecting the start menu folder - skipping the OpenCandy “recommendations”.

Also there’s a PFGRP.dll in AppData\Local\Temp which indicates PUP.Optional.PriceFountain.

You can easily clean that out with " Unchecky" . Unchecky is freeware just like Imgburn. I love Imgburn and would rather pay for it than have to jump through hoops to have it installed. jmho.:wink:

…or make a silent installation.
…or simply an offline installation.

Just wanted to inform the /NOCANDY parameter doesn’t seem to work anymore.
Since one expects the ad sponsor offers to not a appear at all it’s even more likely you accidentally hit one more [I]Next>[/I] :eek:

EDIT: Unchecky doesn’t work with my ad sponsor offers :frowning:
EDIT2: i know it’s not LIGHTNING UK!'s fault, but the Ad sponsor seems to look for the presence of an Unchecky installation and then selects another recommendation which can’t be “uncheckied”.
With Unchecky uninstalled i get always the same offer.
With Unchecky present suddenly a different one :Z
Uninstalled Unchecky -> the old offer again.

Can you clean the file with Superantispyware?

I didn’t click [I]Next>[/I] one too many times :slight_smile:

Usually i use AdwCleaner and JRT (Junk Removal Tool) …when cleaning my friend’s PCs.

I dunno where you got yours,but AFAIK,the download from the author is clean…

I always use the direct ImgBurn mirror - and OpenCandy is officially on board …or was ???
Usually their is a OCSetupHlp.dll, but i don’t see that one anymore.

The setup from the main page and the 1 from Softpedia are clean on my system…

The Softpedia one indeed is completely clean, but Mirror 7 isn’t for my part.

[QUOTE=Terramex;2777365]The Softpedia one indeed is completely clean, but Mirror 7 isn’t for my part.[/QUOTE]

You’re right…also a size difference of 700kb…
But the 1 from the author’s site doesn’t ‘offer’ the additional adware on my system,there’s also no entry in the custom settings…:confused:
Weird…:eek:

If you have an OpenCandy free install you can simply use 7zip on the new version
and then copy Imgburn and Imgburnpreview (exe’s) over to the Program folder

[QUOTE=gonca;2777374]If you have an OpenCandy free install you can simply use 7zip on the new version
and then copy Imgburn and Imgburnpreview (exe’s) over to the Program folder[/QUOTE]
That would only work if they were in different containers.

7zip can extract the files from the installer, no need to install new version

Doing this creates a folder with all the files, but nothing is installed
Actually, ImgBurn might be runnable from the folder,no instal required

You could download one of the portable versions of Imgburn 2580 which has been cleaned of all open-candy and other nasties…

You can copy the portable version to your OS drive and then send icon to the desktop to run it from there…

Here is a link to a clean version and as with all portables no installation is required…

LINK

All except the direct ImgBurn mirror host a clean installer.

And regarding OpenCandy: the company doesn’t seem to exist anymore under that name and the domain is gone.
http://web.archive.org/web/20160528161140/http://opencandy.com/

Can’t find any info about that - also nothing in the SweetLabs blog.

@LIGHTNING UK!
Would you please throw some light on who is(are) the new sponsor(s) ?
Alpha Criteria Ltd., Saphire Max Media Co Ltd… :confused: