ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 not burning DVD's as quickly as previous version

I use DVD Fab along with ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 & the burning seemed to slow down a little bit from the old version. I use 16x DVD-Rs & with the old version of ImgBurn it used 2 get up to 18x but now it seems to peak out @ 14x. Is anybody else experiencing this?

[QUOTE=maddog707;2417326]I use DVD Fab along with ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 & the burning seemed to slow down a little bit from the old version. I use 16x DVD-Rs & with the old version of ImgBurn it used 2 get up to 18x but now it seems to peak out @ 14x. Is anybody else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]
Nope as I do not burn my DVDs at MAX speed! I use ImgBurn and set the Automatic write speed for the media I use. The reason I do that is so I always get a good burn as burning at MAX speed you will get errrors if using junk media

[QUOTE=GJ;2417328]Nope as I do not burn my DVDs at MAX speed! I use ImgBurn and set the Automatic write speed for the media I use. The reason I do that is so I always get a good burn as burning at MAX speed you will get errrors if using junk media[/QUOTE]

I use Verbatim 16x DVD-Rs. Those aren’t junk.

I normally burn everything with Imgburn at 12X and have had excellent results. After the first post, I went and did a burn at max with version 2.5.5.0. The max burn speed during the burn was 20.9x (of course it doesn’t stay there very long). This was with 16X (DVD+R) Verbatims.

[QUOTE=Mike89;2417335]I normally burn everything with Imgburn at 12X and have had excellent results. After the first post, I went and did a burn at max with version 2.5.5.0. The max burn speed during the burn was 20.9x (of course it doesn’t stay there very long). This was with 16X verbatims.[/QUOTE]

I see you have a faster system than me because i use an Asus DRW 2014LT & I haven’t seen 20x speed be reached.

I don’t think a faster system has that much to do with it being a burn hardly touches the cpu and doesn’t use much memory. Now the encoding/shrinking is a different story but once the burn starts, the system is pretty much coasting. I think it would have to do more with the hard drive, the burner, and the media.

[QUOTE=maddog707;2417331]I use Verbatim 16x DVD-Rs. Those aren’t junk.[/QUOTE]
You never said what media you was using and besides I did not say you was using junk! I said [B]"[/B] burning at MAX speed you will get errors [B]if using junk media[/B]". Besides verbatim are not that good to be burning at max speed as I have got a lot of coasters doing that with them but Taiyo Yudens now they can be over burned like you are doing. I burn all my 16x media at 12x, my 8x Taiyo Yudens I burn at 8x, my 4x verbatims I burn at 4x, my 2.4x DL verbatims I burn at 4x. I have ImgBurn programed to burn at the speeds I just mentioned by using the Automatic write speed to burn at those speeds according to the MID of the blank I insert.

I’m done trying to help you as your problem is not with DVDfab

Maybe you have to update your DVD burners firmware to the latest version.
http://www.firmwarehq.com/Asus/drives.html

[QUOTE=Hubbabub;2417411]Maybe you have to update your DVD burners firmware to the latest version.
http://www.firmwarehq.com/Asus/drives.html[/QUOTE]

That was my thought too as the write strategies will then have been updated.

In any case the speed has probably been reduced for a reason and it’s not wise for the OP to try and override that.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=maddog707;2417337]I see you have a faster system than me because i use an Asus DRW 2014LT & I haven’t seen 20x speed be reached.[/QUOTE]

Not the best burner anyway…

I do have the latest firmware installed. The last firmware update that Asus came out with for this burner was almost a year & a half ago in February 08. I’ve been using this burner since last summer. What are some recomended DVD burners?

[QUOTE=maddog707;2417651]I do have the latest firmware installed. The last firmware update that Asus came out with for this burner was almost a year & a half ago in February 08. I’ve been using this burner since last summer. What are some recomended DVD burners?[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this version of ImgBurn? The latest version is 2.5.0.0 released on July 26, 2009. Unless you are using a “leaked” beta version this doesn’t appear to be a valid version. That might be part of your problem.

That said I want to add that I [B][I]NEVER[/I][/B] burn at maximum. I have always used Verbatims and I burn the 8x DVD-R discs at 4x, the 16x DVD-R discs at 6x, the 6x DVD+R DL discs at 2.4x and the 52x CD-R discs at 4x. In my thousands of burns (more than 3000) I have never had a bad burn on a DVD-R or a CD-R. I have had 4 bad burns on DVD+R DL discs and two of them were because I screwed up the burn. While my way does take longer you can’t argue with my results.

You’re right, it’s 2.5.0.0. I wrote that version in my post just looking at the thread title version.

As far as Imgburn changing anything, my post results showed no difference in max burn speeds on my system.

[QUOTE=Movie_Junkie;2417696]Where did you get this version of ImgBurn? The latest version is 2.5.0.0 released on July 26, 2009. Unless you are using a “leaked” beta version this doesn’t appear to be a valid version. That might be part of your problem.

That said I want to add that I [B][I]NEVER[/I][/B] burn at maximum. I have always used Verbatims and I burn the 8x DVD-R discs at 4x, the 16x DVD-R discs at 6x, the 6x DVD+R DL discs at 2.4x and the 52x CD-R discs at 4x. In my thousands of burns (more than 3000) I have never had a bad burn on a DVD-R or a CD-R. I have had 4 bad burns on DVD+R DL discs and two of them were because I screwed up the burn. While my way does take longer you can’t argue with my results.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the latest version directly from imgburn.com.

[QUOTE=maddog707;2417704]I downloaded the latest version directly from imgburn.com.[/QUOTE]

Then you have to have 2.5.0.0. Why don’t you try posting at the ImgBurn Forum. Maybe someone there can help you.

Could your burner be getting ready to crap out? If it is it could just be coincidental that you started to have burn problems when you installed the new version of ImgBurn.

Some other things to look at are if you installed any other software and/or changed anything in your system at around the same time you upgraded ImgBurn. Also check the DMA setting for your burner.

Another thing is have you experienced any overall slowdown on you computer? If you have you might want to see if your system has been infected.

If you really want to see if it’s the software and not the burner just uninstall the new ImgBurn version and reinstall the one you had been using that gave you the faster burning speed. If your burn speed goes back up then it would seem to be the new ImgBurn version. If however your speed stays slow and there are no other problems with your system, as mentioned above, I would think you need to consider replacing your drive.