IMG burn verify speed--possible bug

Hi

This problem started when I upgraded by Img burn to a new version.

Normally the verify speed would be around 15-16 in the end, depending on how big the image is.

I have tested multiple brands dvds but I know its not the dvd itself.

If I use img burn 2.3.0.0 or dvd decrypter last final version, no verify speed problem found.

I have poked in the setting and the Img burn I use now is 2.4.2.0 says max verify speed for data/audio in the log.

I have tested the quality as well and its very good burns indeed.

I have benq 1655 and 1640 but like I said dvd decrypter or img burn 2.3.0.0doesnt show any problems.

Verify speed now with img burn 2.4.2.0 is never above 12 and then when it get close to 12 its drop like a stone in the water to 7-10, then it fluctuate between 7 to 12. If I didnt know better I would think that I’m burning a dual layer disc even though its a regular dvd-r or dvd+r

This isn’t really something you can get a ‘bug’ in.

The drive reads as fast as it wants to once the initial command to set the speed has been sent. After that, all the program does is issue the ‘READ (10)’ command over and over again.

Take a look at the IBG file via DVDInfoPro and post a screenshot.

As you can see from mine, my 1655 has no problem getting up to 16x.

Heyyo LUK! long time no see or hear from you.

A (stupid?) question: Why does your BenQ 1655 show up as a SATA drive in that screen shot?

Hiya Bob :slight_smile:

Because Nic (Author of DVDInfoPro) seems to have taken it upon himself to replace my ‘SCSI’ string in the IBG file with ‘SATA’ at display time. :frowning:

It’s ‘SCSI’ because it’s on a Sil680 controller card and that’s just how the drivers report it.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2145419]Hiya Bob :slight_smile:

Because Nic (Author of DVDInfoPro) seems to have taken it upon himself to replace my ‘SCSI’ string in the IBG file with ‘SATA’ at display time. :frowning:

It’s ‘SCSI’ because it’s on a Sil680 controller card and that’s just how the drivers report it.[/QUOTE]Thank you for the explanation. Hope all is good your way and have a good one :slight_smile: