Img Burn making only data discs...help please

I can not get Img Burn to create a dvd disc that will play on a dvd player. All I get is data discs that will play on the PC and the PS3 but will not work in any dvd player in my home (I have three of them) so can anyone tell me how to get AVI files and such to just burn in a stand alone dvd player format instead of stupid data discs…please.

If your stand alone player doesn’t support Divx then you need to convert the avi to mpg (vob). There are freeware programs that will do it such as, DVDFlick, FormatFactory, Super, Favc, etc. Just google for them.

hey jaewest1 havent heard from you in awhile. :slight_smile:

Whappo is correct, you need a divx compatible player. spending the 50 or so bucks on a player is better than waiting for the conversions and quality loss. also most avi’s will fit on a cd-r. :cool:

if you want to give some of those programs a try i suggest FAVC. :slight_smile:
http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/

[quote=troy512;2216621]hey jaewest1 havent heard from you in awhile. :slight_smile:

Whappo is correct, you need a divx compatible player. spending the 50 or so bucks on a player is better than waiting for the conversions and quality loss. also most avi’s will fit on a cd-r. :cool:

if you want to give some of those programs a try i suggest FAVC. :slight_smile:
http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/

LOL, yeah Troy I’ve been working like crazy lately. The stand alone in my bedroom is an original dvd player…Im talking 1997 ish era Sony with a vcr combo slot…lol. I Plan to upgrade the bedroom stuff soon but until then I need for my fiance to be able to watch dvds in the bedroom since Im usually using the livingroom tv for my PS3.

I thank you guys for the info and I shall be giving everything a look some time today.:bow:

Oh, I also just bought Nero 9 so I should have no issues with burning via Nero right?

Oh, I also just bought Nero 9 so I should have no issues with burning via Nero right?

well i guess since you already bought it. :doh:

good luck with that. :flower:

Troy, I clicked the link but I didnt see anything bad so now Im confused. Is Nero 9 not good? I had a very very old Nero that came with an external burner I bought back in 2002 and it was great. I still use my ImgBurn as well but thought it wouldn’t hurt to have both…just in case. I got it for like $49 since I had owned an older version I got a discount, so I figured why not just grab it.

I haven’t had a chance to try any of the suggestions in this thread yet due to work…but I am off all weekend so I will give all of them a try and report back after I do

i was linking you to a description and a few guides to help you with using ner0.

there must be something good about ner0 since they have a large following but im in The He-Man Ner0 Haters Club :slight_smile:

[quote=troy512;2219786]i was linking you to a description and a few guides to help you with using ner0.

there must be something good about ner0 since they have a large following but im in The He-Man Ner0 Haters Club :)[/quote]

Oh I see. Well I got everything sorted and used a few of the suggestions here and they worked and Nero worked too so Im not having any troubles now with ImgBurn thanks to everyone in this thread help.

Your problem has NOTHING to do with Imgburn anyway.

Well I am curious as to what exactly my problem is then. :eek:

If at first I could only get data discs which were/are 100% useless on most stand alone dvd players then please feel free to tell me exactly what my problem was(even though it has been solved already I would love to hear your remedy)

VideoDVDs are Data discs anyway, they only have an specific folder/file structure.