Imation + R made in india

I bought Imation 8X(made in India) -R at Staples yesterday and they were FujiFilm03. Looks like they were on clearance don’t know if they are at all stores since they were not in the weekly ad. Burned a couple and look good on Nero at 95. They also had Imation 8X +R India. Does anyone Know what these would be coded and if they are any good in a liteon 1653 or 1635.

Imation DVD+R 8x Made in India that I bying have code: MBIPG101 R04, and they work great for me (I have BenQ DW1620 burner).
Hope this help. Bye!

No problem here too, burned with Pio 110 and NEC 4551.

I have MBIPG101R04 discs here under the Ricoh and TDK brands, they’re absolutely terrific. :bow: - under the Imation brand, don’t know… I don’t trust Imation in general, but who knows.

Oh just noticed the burners. Sorry this could be misleading, as the Liteys can be picky with media, better wait for some input from LiteOn users… :wink:

I’ve used TDK with that MID (MBIPG101R04), too (on 3 burners - LiteOn 851@832, LG 4163 and a LiteOn 1693)…very pleased with them, my burners seem to like them!

@Francksoy

You want picky, you should try the first Litey I mentioned (the 851@832) - pickiest drive I ever used! :eek:

:slight_smile:

I have MBIPG101R04 discs here under the Ricoh and TDK brands, they’re absolutely terrific.
in my experience TDK branded MBIPG101R04 are better than Imation ones and Ricoh, oh… we have no Ricoh media on the market here

Good to know. :slight_smile:

Looks like Moser Baer India has a winner this time, most users seem to have excellent results with these discs. Plus they do very well in accelerated aging tests.

My attention has been drawn to these MBIPG101R04 by Dee-27… I don’t regret it, thanks Dee! :slight_smile:

You want picky, you should try the first Litey I mentioned (the 851@832) - pickiest drive I ever used! :eek:
I’ll pass :wink: :bigsmile:

Looks like all good posts for the +R media so I’m off to Staples for a 100 spindle. By the way it does not seem that the Liteon 1635 is picky about media the way the previous models were. I’ve burned stuff like AML002 and UME01 with OK results.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m not much of a Litey insider :bigsmile: . I’ll read the reviews to have more up-to-date opinions about their recent drives :wink:

I’ve noticed the same thing with my 1693. It burns very well (helped out, no doubt, by Codeguys’ KC4B firmware!) on all the media I’ve thrown at it. Cheapest, I think, was Prodisc F02, and they came out pretty well - there’s a scan of one of them somewhere here.

Looks like Moser Baer India has a winner this time, most users seem to have excellent results with these discs. Plus they do very well in accelerated aging tests.

Have u any links to these tests?

Here is an english transcription ot the “C’t” ones, thanks to MediumRare http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=142231#142231