Imation DVD-RW Drive

vbimport

seen this at a retailer in my area with a really low price 25$
my guess it’s a lite-on re badge but i don’t know what model
can any one tell me the exact model this is
and the crossflash possibility

http://www.imation.com.au/products/drives_and_storage_devices/dvd_ram_internal_drive.htm

DVD-RAM Internal Burner (16x16x8x6x8x4x5)<!-- InstanceEndEditable --><!-- End Page Header --><!-- Begin Content -->

&lt;!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Product Content" --&gt;         [B]One Drive. All Formats.[/B]

The new Imation DVD-RAM Internal Burner is ideal for storing important personal and business data, from home movies, music, photographs to backups of important files, applications, presentations and reports. Each burner kit comes with a drive, software and instruction manuals to get you started on your digital masterpieces.
[ul]
[li]Create, preserve and protect your important data and precious moments[/li][li]Compatible with major DVD and CD formats[/li][li]Store up to 8.5GB on a DVD DL disc and/or 4.7GB on DVD media[/li][li]Easy to use software[/li][li]Superb performance, reliable and speedy[/li][li]1-year warranty[/ul] SPECIAL Features[/li] [ul]
[li]SMART-BURNâ„¢: Avoid Buffer Under Run Error. Automatically adjust writing strategy and running OPC to provide the best buring quality[/li][li]SMART-Xâ„¢: Adjust CD-DA/VCD/DVD data extraction to a fastest allowable speed according to both data request rate from host and disk quality[/li][li]VAS (Vibration Absorber System): Reduce vibration and noise during recording and reading[/ul] Click here for information on Product Specifications [/li] <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

[QUOTE=websh;2040878]seen this at a retailer in my area with a really low price 25$
my guess it’s a lite-on re badge but i don’t know what model
can any one tell me the exact model this is
and the crossflash possibility

http://www.imation.com.au/products/drives_and_storage_devices/dvd_ram_internal_drive.htm

DVD-RAM Internal Burner (16x16x8x6x8x4x5)<!-- InstanceEndEditable --><!-- End Page Header --><!-- Begin Content -->

&lt;!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Product Content" --&gt;         [B]One Drive. All Formats.[/B]

The new Imation DVD-RAM Internal Burner is ideal for storing important personal and business data, from home movies, music, photographs to backups of important files, applications, presentations and reports. Each burner kit comes with a drive, software and instruction manuals to get you started on your digital masterpieces.
[ul]
[li]Create, preserve and protect your important data and precious moments
[/li][li]Compatible with major DVD and CD formats
[/li][li]Store up to 8.5GB on a DVD DL disc and/or 4.7GB on DVD media
[/li][li]Easy to use software
[/li][li]Superb performance, reliable and speedy
[/li][li]1-year warranty[/ul] SPECIAL Features
[/li] [ul]
[li]SMART-BURNâ„¢: Avoid Buffer Under Run Error. Automatically adjust writing strategy and running OPC to provide the best buring quality
[/li][li]SMART-Xâ„¢: Adjust CD-DA/VCD/DVD data extraction to a fastest allowable speed according to both data request rate from host and disk quality
[/li][li]VAS (Vibration Absorber System): Reduce vibration and noise during recording and reading[/ul] Click here for information on Product Specifications
[/li] <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->[/QUOTE]

Did you try to contact support in imation about the drive firmware and specs???

It’s an old Liteon 16x burner. Don’t know the model, but it has 5x DVD-RAM.

the txt in the 1st post is all from the imation official site

For a few bucks more, you can get a brand new 20x Liteon form NewEgg.

Not sure NewEgg will help websh; if I remember correctly, he’s in India. :wink:

Not sure NewEgg will help websh; if I remember correctly, he’s in India.

well Albert i’m not in India
i’m From EGYPT
i live in Alexandria Egypt
and i don’t buy stuff from the internet unless it’s really rare and can’t be found in all of my country

[quote=websh;2041882]well Albert i’m not in India
i’m From EGYPT
i live in Alexandria Egypt
and i don’t buy stuff from the internet unless it’s really rare and can’t be found in all of my country[/quote]Doh. :doh: My geography and memory are REALLY off this weekend…Please accept my apologies. :o

I’m confusing the Moser Baer OEM drives with the Imation drive situation, which is why I spit out India and didn’t even realize.

/me runs away and hides in embarrassment

But anyway, back to the drive. Since DVD-RAM write speed is so low [5x], I’m inclined to say it’s based on the 6S series drives [SHW-160P6S/H6S, SHM-156P6S/H6S].

[quote=Albert;2041929]Doh. :doh: My geography and memory are REALLY off this weekend…Please accept my apologies. :o

I’m confusing the Moser Baer OEM drives with the Imation drive situation, which is why I spit out India and didn’t even realize.

/me runs away and hides in embarrassment

But anyway, back to the drive. Since DVD-RAM write speed is so low [5x], I’m inclined to say it’s based on the 6S series drives [SHW-160P6S/H6S, SHM-156P6S/H6S].[/quote]

hey Albert u r a good friend as far as i can tell
so no need to apologize man it’s an honest mistake any one can can make

and about the drive i have 20A3S and 20A1P already does the 6S drive adds any thing new to my collection of drives??
and i was aiming to get optiarc 7xxx SATA but it was really sold like crazy so none left for me
if this one is no addition in the name of quality i can wait a lillte for the optiarc to be available again