Imation Disc Stakka

vbimport

Has anyone used one of these things?

http://www.discstakka.com/

Hehe. That looks pretty funky, but I’d worry about the disc being scratched as it came out of the front of the case.

Never seen one until you posted it. :eek:

[quote=Arachne;2055269]Hehe. That looks pretty funky, but I’d worry about the disc being scratched as it came out of the front of the case.[/quote] Not to mention fingerprints, which seems unavoidable from that picture.

I’ve never actually tried one of these, however.

I’m eyeing some brand spankin’ new Century CD units (Support Site - the original company is dead):

that I could get for only $20 (was $66+ back in 2006), which is basically an older version of this:

DigiStore Solution’s Centurion CD - and still completely compatible (only the inner mechanisms are “updated”). Though not as cool-looking as Imation’s offering, the functionality is better (tougher internal components/design, the disc gets ejected completely into a catcher - fingerprinting a disc is avoided) and it’s much cheaper (DiscStakka = ~%100?). I’ve been looking into the DiscStakka for quite a while but found it too expensive for me to actually buy.

I hope that I do get some kind of support for the Century CD units since they’re already out of production - I’m still deciding if I should purchase them though… :wink: