IMAPI turns off automatically

vbimport

I can’t burn in Windows XP using media player(version 9) or Nero(latest version) to write to a CD. Seems like IMAPI automatically turns off after burning fails. I turn it on and try and same thing. Also when I restart PC after turning on IMAP its automatically turned off even when I set it to manual or auto. On rare instances, burning works, like once in a 100 tries. XP has all the latest patches except SP1.

MY CDRW is on the primary IDE Channel and Hard drive on Secondary IDE. Wondering if thats making a difference. DMA is on too.

Please help. Totally clueless

Originally posted by mabbasc

I can’t burn in Windows XP using media player(version 9) or Nero(latest version) to write to a CD.
AFAIK, if you’re using Nero for burning, IMAPI’s gotta be disabled.

Just an example > deactivate winxp built in burning

Even with IMAPI disabled, nero doesnt burn.

What about Windows Media Player 9 series?

Well was burning working before you installed WMP9? 'Cause WinXP doesn’t come installed w/ WMP9, you had to install it. My guess is thanks to WMP9, your registry’s messed up. Do you have system restore turned on? Try rolling back to time before you installed WMP9. Other then that, it’s reinstall time. Wait, you just restore the system files using the WinXP CD.

I can’t remember if the problem crept up after installing WM9. Sometimes (rarely) it burns a CD then conks out.

I’ve installed a lot of stuff after WM9 so restore might affect that.