Image to EnhCD?

Can I save a disc image in Nero 6 OEM and use that to write a multi-session ‘enhanced CD’. I’ve tried that. And all that shows is the music. Windows can’t read the CD to get the data. But writing directly to the CD take over five minutes otherwise (it’s a full 700MB, and filters are used on each song), and less than three if I can use a CD image.

Also, I used to get Nero to write the volume/disc name. Now it doesn’t? Does one have to select the language, or type in the disc name at the burn screen, every time?

Hi,[quote=able8;2218577]Can I save a disc image in Nero 6 OEM and use that to write a multi-session ‘enhanced CD’. I’ve tried that. And all that shows is the music. Windows can’t read the CD to get the data.[/quote]This is often a matter of the drive’s firmware, which session is shown.
You might also try CD-Extra for a disc with data and music.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2218582]data and music.
[/QUOTE]

In other words, if I write directly to CD, it works. The CD plays the music. The computer can read the data. But if I write a disc image, an image with music and data, and then try to write the image to CD, then the CD only plays music and the computer can’t read the CD. Maybe you just can’t use a disc image when writing 'enhanced CD’s?

And that thing with writing the volume label. I used to be able to do that. Lately it’s not writing that to CD. I wonder if I inadvertently flipped a switch? Is there a registry setting for that? etc. With this ‘enhanced CD’, it used to show a title, a volume label, when reading the CD with the computer.

I meant to ask about that ‘picture’ as well. In the More box, there’s a checkbox for - picture. I uploaded a small jpg. But where does it get displayed? It doesn’t show up in Windows Media Player.

Hi,[quote=able8;2218677]In other words, if I write directly to CD, it works. The CD plays the music. The computer can read the data. But if I write a disc image, an image with music and data, and then try to write the image to CD, then the CD only plays music and the computer can’t read the CD.[/quote]Ah, ok. I misinterpreted your post.

Maybe you just can’t use a disc image when writing 'enhanced CD’s?
Perhaps a limitation of the image format. Were you using Nero’s own .nrg or .iso?

And that thing with writing the volume label.
No idea at the moment…

Michael

It’s me again.
I tried to do (hopefully) the same as you did.
Run Nero 6.6. Express, selected “Music --> Audio + Data CD” from the project list. Started with some wav files for the audio part and added some
random files for the data section.
Klicked “burn” and selected Nero image recorder as target. I am only allowed to create Nero nrg images. Ok.
Quit and restarted Nero, selected “burn image” project.
Result: Disc is not readable in Explorer, IsoBuster reports “read error”, but shows the audio part.

If I burn directly to disc, all is fine. The audio part can be played in a media player software, the data section is visible in Explorer, including the disc name.

I assume, Nero 6.6 creates broken images for that kind of disc (CD-Extra). It would have been better if creating images were not allowed for this format. I have no idea if this has been fixed in later versions, and I am to lazy to fire up my lapto to try the same with Nero 7. :wink:

Michael

Creating a “Mixed Mode” CD image in Nero Burning ROM does work, but I haven’t tried if this works in a standalone CD player (mine doesn’t play CD-RW at all).