Image of MOHAA works on Daemon tools, but not on a disc

I just recently purchased the 32x/12x/40x Lite-on CDRW drive. I have tried to backup my copy of medal of honor, I have made an image with the following settings:

Read 4x
Fast Skip Error
-15 retries
- hardware correction

I used daemon tools to test the image. I had to swap around the drive letters to get the virtual drive to be the D: drive. I mounted the image on the drive and it worked perfectly.

When I burnt the image onto a CD-R it didn’t recognize it as the original cd. I tried writing with the following settings:

Write 1x
RAW DAO
Buffer underrun protection
Amplify Weak Sectors

and I tried

Write 24x
RAW DAO
Buffer underrun protection
Amplify Weak Sectors

I used Fujifilm 700 MB CD-R discs which say they are certified for 24x burning. One of the administrators at this forum said in a thread to read at 4x and burn at the rated speed of the cd-rw drive. The problem is CloneCD doesn’t have a setting for 32x burning. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Use:

Read:
4x, FES: Read Retries: 3x Error Correction: None

Don’t use AWS when writing. It isn’t nessecary with your Lite-On, can mess up SD2.51.XX, and makes it impossible to copy your copies.

I made a new image with the settings you gave me and then tried burning it again without AWS. It still didn’t work. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

normally it should work without “Amplify Weak Sectors”.

but i think it is worth a try to test the new betablocker (for sd 2.51.xx)

dl under www.cdcloning.tk

InSOMniA

You could also try FES:
0X, Error Correction: Hardware.

These are Olli’s recommended settings for CloneCD.

Well after u burn that disk are u still trying to play it back using your cd-rw drive? if so that game might use atip protection with safe disk v2. if it does all u have to do is use a regular cd-rom drive or dvd-rom drive to get by this :slight_smile:

Originally posted by NBR
if it does all u have to do is use a regular cd-rom drive or dvd-rom drive to get by this :slight_smile:
Or enable the ‘Hide CDR Media’ option in the CloneCD tray :wink: