Image Formats & Softwares

Hi. I’m going to try to make this as quick as possible. I have a ton of games and movies which I’m tired of replacing because of damage, so I’m stumped in my search for a software to split image files.

I have UltraISO, PowerISO, MagicISO, ImgBurn, DVD Decrypter, CloneCD, Alcohol 120%, DVD Fab 6 Platinum, and Nero (not sure which version and it’s not currently installed). I am able to save files as UIF, DAA, ISO, etc. I want to know which is the best, pluses & minuses. After all of my research, I don’t really see any benefit of using one over the other; besides compatibility.

With everything I have I’m able to rip all of my files and get them in 1GB file sizes, but I’m wanting to go down to around 50MB - 100MB. I will be transferring my files from one computer to another over a 10/100 connection through a junk router. The router doesn’t like very large files. I don’t want to have to restart the whole thing, as I’m not able to just resume it.

That all being said, I also don’t want something like HJSplit or whatever it is. I tried that and ended up with a file like this “example name of file.i00.001” or something. Which is the same reason I’m not going to use WinRAR or 7-Zip. If you have an suggestions, or something that I’m just missing with what I already have, please inform me. Thanks.

One last thing, if you know any software that is able to make multiple formats, password protect, encrypt, and mount please let me know. I have using a ton of different programs. And while I’m running on, UltraISO fails to properly backup PS2 games. Just use DVD Decrypter.

Besides the topic above, here’s ever image format I know of. If you know more or there are any errors, feel free to correct me. These are not matched or in any particular order. E.G. Bin/Cue, etc.

BT5, BT6, C2D, BWA, BWI, CCD, IMG, BWS, BWT, SUB, CDI, CUE, MDF, BIN, CSO, DAA, DVD, IBP, IBQ, ISO, ISZ, MDS, NRG, PDI, TOC, UIF, VC4, 000, IMG, VHD, VDI, VMDK

You want to violate a bunch of files so that they are more transferable over a bandwidth limited network?

Save yourself the hassle and either remove the hard drive from one machine and copy that way, or if you insist on copying machine to machine, use a crossover cable.

Ok. Not exactly the answer I’m looking for; though a viable alternative. I’m not swapping the drive though. I did that once, and for some stupid reason the drive would work again until I reformatted it. That was the first time it happened to me, and I’d like to make sure it was the last.

Which wires do I swap to make it a patch cable? (Only let me know if you know it by memory. Don’t look it up, I’ll Google it later when I have time.)

Violate a bunch of files? I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard someone say that. It’s not really bandwidth limited, the router will just sometimes hang and/or freeze if I try to push a large file through it. It wouldn’t matter if I could just resume any broken/missing pieces, but being as I can’t the smaller files are a safer bet.

[QUOTE=Xiiro;2302047]The router doesn’t like very large files. I don’t want to have to restart the whole thing, as I’m not able to just resume it.[/quote] Your router only poops 128 byte tcp/ip packets, not files.

Sure you hate to redo everything. That’s why there are freeware tools like the Unstoppable Copier to help you.

Sorry, just got up. I haven’t been here at CF this whole time and not posted. I’ve been running really odd hours. Anyway, is there a way to at least split the ISO files I already have on my computer down to 100MB , and remain in ISO format?

I looked at that app. you linked too as well, I think I’m going to check into that.

Well, it only does it with the larger files, that’s why I said it doesn’t like the big’n’s (Big ones). I’m going to get a new router anyway. I’m looking at buying a few switches and a router actually, but that’s off topic.

Wasn’t suggesting swapping the drive out, just removing it temporarily to do the file copy.

I figured it would be less work that way, than process a bunch of ISO files, slowly copy them across the network, then reprocess them on the other machine.

It will certainly be less time consuming.

Geeze, it’s been 5 years I last made a patch cable, off the top of my head I think it’s wires 3 and 8 that get switched. That’s if you are using the ‘B’ standard which I think was Cisco’s way of doing things. The teleco’s used the ‘A’. I’ve forgotten a lot of this stuff.

lol. It’s cool. I took data-comm and can’t remember the wires myself. I still have the fear of hooking up a drive from one PC to another and then when it comes time to swap it back the drive not working. I also have every drive bay used in the other PC. Maybe I should just wait until I build a new system.

PC to hub/switch/router:

PC to other PC: