Image Drive in new version crashes XP

vbimport

The latest version of Nero 6.3 has been working great except for Image Drive. When I enable it I can’t boot into XP, it reboots before it gets to the first splash screen. I have a SCSI system so I’m guessing it’s an incompatibility. Previous version worked ok.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. Thanks.

I have this same problem on my XP machine. I had a similar problem with my 98 machine. But I have that working now. After I complete the restore to an earlier point in the day, I have a couple of things to try and I will report my findings later

Hi pat8

Could you answer some questions for me. I am trying to resolve the image drive problem.
Your Video card
Do you have a video capture card
Did you have a previous version of image drive installed

Thanks

I’ve got a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst version 3.8 drivers. Win XP SP1 with all patches. Was running the last version of Image Drive just fine (plus all versions prior from about version 5.5 on up).

I’m guessing its a conflict with my SCSI controller/drivers, running an Adaptec AIC-7899 embeddded controller with latest XP drivers. Just before the system crashes the controller access light goes on solid. Been able to recover and get back into the system using the “last known good config” option.

Thanks, appreciate any help.

Hi pat8
I have Nero 6.3 working without the image drive. I had to uninstall my previous version - nero - nero vision - neromedia player - image drive etc. Nero has had problems in the past with ATI capture cards. I have a ATI TV Wonder pro in my machine. Even though my Nvidia video card had video issues trying to reboot after activating the image drive my 98 machine has an ATI9200 and is running ok. The only SCSI drivers I run with are for Daemon tools virtual drive. If I have to run without the Nero’s image drive it is no biggy I have Daemon Tools. I am running other SCSI controllers on the 98 machine. I emailed Nero tech support to advise of the problem - maybe by the weekend I will have an answer. It has taken most of today to restore / repair / resolve this update. I will keep you posted if I can gather more info

I’ve got the same problem. WinXP SP1 all the latest patches, 9700 Pro AIW. If I enable ImageDrive and reboot my machine, XP is boned. I have to use “last known good config” to boot back into windows. I’ve reinstalled windows to no avail…happens on a clean install. They SO need to fix this bug asap as I really like ImageDrive. I use it to check DVD images before burning them. I haven’t found any work around for this. Previous versions worked without any problems at all.

Oh, and I do NOT have any scsi drives. I am running an nForce2 mb with 2 ide drives, a toshiba dvd drive, and a plextor 708a.

Do you have InCD installed?
If yes is the answer, uninstall it enable all virtual drives you want change letters if you like and then reinstall it. In my system whenever there is a new drive letter (virtual or real) InCD stucks the system.
Tell me what happend.

No InCD in my case at all. I don’t trust any packet writing software period. I simply upgraded from 6.0.0.28 where image drive was working flawlessly to 6.3.0.0 where image drive causes my machine to not reboot. It BSOD’s immediately upon restarting. Never even get to the Windows XP logo screen. Reinstalled my machine clean and tested it again and it still did the same thing.

Windows XP Pro SP1
Abit NF7-S 2.0 w/ Athlon XP 2500+
1 gig PC3200
2 80 gb western digital ide drives
ATI 9700 Pro AIW
Toshiba 16X DVD
Plextor 708A DVD burner

I’ve got the latest drivers for all the above installed. Not a happy image drive user…

same here, no InCD.

Same problem here: BSOD (Stop 7B IIRC) on booting XP after enabling ImageDrive.

P4 1.8GHz
512MB PC2100 RAM
Intel 845D chipset
ATI AIW 8500DV video card with catalyst 3.10 drivers
Adaptec AHA-2940AU SCSI card

I see the things we have in common are ATI video cards and Adaptec SCSI. Not sure if this makes any difference.

P4 Xeon 2.8GHz (dual)
1024MB RDRAM
Intel 860 chipset
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Cat 3.10 drivers)
Adaptec AIC-7899 SCSI Adapter

Pat

Originally posted by pat8
I see the things we have in common are ATI video cards and Adaptec SCSI. Not sure if this makes any difference.

I don’t think SamuriHL’s system has SCSI.

If I get some spare time I’ll try disabling my SCSI card (it’s only in there for a couple of old SCSI CD-Rs I have on my system ATM).

Originally posted by bdg2
[B]I don’t think SamuriHL’s system has SCSI.

If I get some spare time I’ll try disabling my SCSI card (it’s only in there for a couple of old SCSI CD-Rs I have on my system ATM). [/B]

You’re correct, I do not have SCSI in my machine at all. If you disable your SCSI card, you’ll encounter the same problem nearly guaranteed.

I think it’s a rights issue in the registry. To fix this problem, go to Start, Run… and type “regedit” without the quotes to run the Registry Editor. Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\PCI

and you will see a number of keys of the form “VEN_xxxx”, where xxxx are strings like “1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00011103&REV_04”. Under each of these folders will be another folder with a long numerical name. Open each folder and look for the “DeviceDesc” which matches the hardware (or software driver in this case) you are trying to install. Right Click on the “VEN_xxxx” for that device and select ‘Permissions’ and then tick “Allow” for “Full Control”. Close Regedit and then continue with the installation of the imagedrive. Maybe this help, maybe not.

Thanks FutureProof, couldn’t get it to work. Have tried:

• removing all traces of ImageDrive from registry and reinstalling. No work.
  • uninstalling Nero and removing all registry traces. Reinstall 6.3, still doesn’t work.
  • install Nero 6.0.23. Old ImageDrive version works fine.

Note, with 6.3 Image Drive will work ok until you reboot the computer. If you disable it before rebooting, computer will reboot fine as well.
:bow:

[B]Thanks FutureProof, couldn’t get it to work. Have tried:

• removing all traces of ImageDrive from registry and reinstalling. No work.
  • uninstalling Nero and removing all registry traces. Reinstall 6.3, still doesn’t work.
  • install Nero 6.0.23. Old ImageDrive version works fine.

Note, with 6.3 Image Drive will work ok until you reboot the computer. If you disable it before rebooting, computer will reboot fine as well.
:bow: [/B]

My sentiments exactly. I’ve reinstalled WinXP to no avail.

Finally fixed in the latest version, 6.3.0.2. No crashes. :cool:

I haven’t tried turning image drive on yet, but, as soon as I finish work today, I’ll ghost my machine and give it a shot. I’d be quite happy if they managed to fix it.

Finally fixed in the latest version, 6.3.0.2. No crashes. :cool:

They just seem to have gone back to an earlier version of the ImageDrive driver.

Are you getting the same weirdness as me in the ImageDrive application?

When I click on one of the tabs called “First drive” or “Second drive” it’s name imediately changes to “Options”!!

I have a similar problem with a stop error after enableing DriveImage but under win2k you can’t boot at all, no safe mode, nothing. I now have the drive hooked up to another computer as a slave to recover the data on the drive, but IF i coult edit the registry or someother way of disableing diveimage to allow me to boot and do a full unenable of driveimage? I CAN edit the files on my old boot drive, but i don’t know how to edit the registry ON A INACTIVE BOOT DRIVE. I often edit my act reg. Any ideas? It is a stop error with file PFC.SYS.

Nero 6.3.0.0
I do have a raid array on this computer and it uses SCSI drivers- and a ATI-ALL-IN-Wonder-Radeon Vid Card. Is this the configuration that screws it up?

Thanks Paul