Image burning issues

Hi i’m new to this forum, great forum btw. I’m having an issue burning ps2 games. Every time i burn a ps2 image and i play it on my ps2, the game itself loads, but the screen is constantly flickering, or rolling up.(Cant really describe it very well). Now I didn’t have this problem a week ago and i cant think of anything i’ve downloaded that could be causing this problem. I’ve ran virus checks, and i’ve used both alcohol 120% and PowerIso to burn it but both had the same result. All previous games i’ve burnt ran perfectly. I have a LG GSA-H54N. The only thing that across my mind is that perhaps the image is dual-layer. I dont even know what dual layer is so if someone could explain that to me that would be awesome. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Chilly123;1919632]Hi i’m new to this forum, great forum btw. I’m having an issue burning ps2 games. Every time i burn a ps2 image and i play it on my ps2, the game itself loads, but the screen is constantly flickering, or rolling up.(Cant really describe it very well). Now I didn’t have this problem a week ago and i cant think of anything i’ve downloaded that could be causing this problem. I’ve ran virus checks, and i’ve used both alcohol 120% and PowerIso to burn it but both had the same result. All previous games i’ve burnt ran perfectly. I have a LG GSA-H54N. The only thing that across my mind is that perhaps the image is dual-layer. I dont even know what dual layer is so if someone could explain that to me that would be awesome. Thanks![/QUOTE]

First do a search of the forums and they will tell you that burned PS2 games only will work as backup and you will need to MOD chiped that PS2 to get the backup to work…that is your only options for compatiblilty…I see see and heard of CD/DVD software that emulates allowing you to run PS2 backup games but I still think the way to go with PS2 backups is to MOD Chip your PS2…

sorry if i was being a little vague in my description. The fact is i am using my ps2 and it IS modded. and all previous games i’ve burnt for my ps2 has worked but yesterday the new games i was burning just started having this problem. I’ve even tried reformating my computer and its still not fixing the problem. could something have gone wrong with my hardware?

[QUOTE=Chilly123;1920073]sorry if i was being a little vague in my description. The fact is i am using my ps2 and it IS modded. and all previous games i’ve burnt for my ps2 has worked but yesterday the new games i was burning just started having this problem. I’ve even tried reformating my computer and its still not fixing the problem. could something have gone wrong with my hardware?[/QUOTE]

I had this happen once to me I had changed media brands and also I had about 28 out of fifty that were bad try another media type and remember to use +r media sonys format try some ty’s or verbatiums and I have never run across a dual layered PS2 game a but that does not mean they do not exsist either all of my PS2 games are backed up on single layer dvd5s.

I opted for the swap magic discs and the flip top box it makes it real easy to get to the laser to clean too!!:slight_smile:

hmm well right now i’m using philips dvd-r to burn the game. the weird thing is i havent switched brands since i started burning ps2 games. and my burner is still relatively new. Maybe i should go find a place that mods ps2 and ask them about it?

is dvd+r better than dvd-r? i was told that burning games with -r always yielded a greater chance for success…