I'm trying to be a good Newbie but

vbimport

I used the search function (as directed) and found what looked to be a few helpful threads but I can’t access them!! :sad:

Example thread

I get a error message that says:

Claripup, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Annoyingly it only happens on the threads I want to look at… I can access all the ones I don’t want to see without a problem.

So… Why???

i get the same message, so its probebly means the threads have been closed by the admin. if you can`t find your answer by searching then start a new thread, at least you did search :slight_smile:

Yes. That would be a naughty thread that has now been removed for violating forum rules.

Thnx for the replies… unfortunately I guess that means what I want to ask would probably violate the rules too… sighs

Thnx anyway :slight_smile:

just read the rules and it should be fairly obvious what is and isnt allowed, if you are still unsure send me a pm and i’ll tell you if its allowed or not :slight_smile:

Or better yet PM a mod.

If one thread has been removed and that is what you are looking for then I think you can guess that similar threads will also be removed.

Not necessarily.

It is not always an illegal question that is the reason for removing a thread. In this particular case the question was legitimate, but one or more users posted illegal information and then a flame started in that thread. Instead of investing a lot of time to edit and remove messages, the whole thread was removed.

I think that the rules are clear. Granted, many questions can relate to illegal activities, but they can just as easily be relating to legitimate purposes. We try to assume the legitimate case mostly. Where there is no doubt the post relates to illegal activities, actions will be taken to ensure compliance with applicable laws (and prevent this forum from being shut down by the authorities).