I'm totally stumped...my burner's not burning

Here’s the deal. I’ve been using a Lite-On SOHW-1633S for a few years, and it just stopped burning after I replaced a faulty hard drive. I figured the burner was fried as well and bought a Lite-ON SHM-165H6S and it’s doing the same thing by just spitting back an error message every time. It reads diiscs without any issues but it just won’t burn. I’ve flashed the Firmware to no avail and Lite-On’s tech support has been totally worthless. My hard drive is alone on the primary IDE channel, and the burner as the master on the secondary channel with a DVD-drive set as the slave on the secondary channel. What am I overlooking? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Johnas, welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

What is the error message and what burning app are you using?

Try removing the slave DVD drive off the secondary channel and see what happens.
Also using Device Manager, try deleting the Secondary IDE controller driver and then reboot.

Removing the slave drive from the secondary channel fixed it. I feel pretty silly for not trying it earlier. Thanks for the help.

Johnas, I’m glad to hear it’s working. Check out the forum for all of the cool tools and patches for your drive. And hopefully you can post some scans from your new drive as well. :wink: