Im pre-newbie! trouble with dvd ram

:o :confused: :doh:
i asked for a dvd rom-i got a dvd ram and i am beyond lost- if you’ve ever seen that movie where that guy experiments with that sensory deprivation thinger and he regresses to some prehistoric amoeba thingey-well i’m that guy can anybody explain this dvd ram contraption to me? it’s making me feel like a retard!:sad: :frowning: :o

Did you get a DVD-RAM disc? A DVD-RAM drive? Is there a specific question?

And your font color gives me seizures :wink:

Could be one of the side effects of having had an encounter with this DVD-RAM thingy/thinger/contraption/contrivance/whatevertheheckitis! :slight_smile:

P.S. Okay, I’ve reached 666 posts, time to take a break.

There is a thingy/thinger/contraption/contrivance/whatevertheheckitis! Called Search it has a lot of information about DVD-Ram but in short DVD-Ram is a form of rewritable media and better and more reliable than DVD-RW

ok-i see that i have angered you with my having been too slow to even ask a stupid question-but its just wrong to attack a girls font color! :sad:
ok but really, heres what i got-dvd-ram drive- it has a wide flat plug thingey with about 50 holes plugged onto the slot with the 50 or so pins at the back of the device and at the end of that long flat pluggey thing looks like-no IS a flat green circut board thing with all sorts of micro chips and what looks like a fuse and i just dont know what to do with it exactly and im even getting on my own nerves now just trying to figure out what to do with the evil thing! so if anyone feels like discussing it cool but if you feel like stealing the batteries out of my keyboard its probably better you just leave this one alone. ok? :kiss:

For any body to try and help you we need more information What brand? What model? Is it a new one ?

I think I know what you are talking about I Just guessing but it sounds like a SCSI model CD or DVD drive.

The flat green circuit board dose it look like this???

Welcome to the forum.
No you have not angered anyone they’re having fun with you!
Your first post gave no useful information enabling us to help you.

The above post is just as bad,
Please answer the following questions.
What is the name and model number of the device you are enquiring about?
What is the purpose for which you bought it?
What are you trying to fit it into?
Do you have any practical skills in fitting this equipment? (If not find someone who has and flutter your eyelashes at them and ask for help)

I have a number of Ladies and men in my locality who ask for advice and help with all manner of things and I’m only to happy to help. The only reward I get is a cup of coffee or a glass of beer. I’m sure you must know someone like that.
Best wishes. :flower:

i like you youre nice- i so i will try to pull my head out and give useful information! lol
its new to me but upon closer examination i see manufactured jan, 1999, old, but free, but anyway theres a bar code on the box part of the"device" and it says DVD52OS W/SCSI CARD and then a bunch more numbers the sticker on it says AOpen dvd-ram drive dvd 520s then something about taipei and japan and the green thingey with all the chips says adaptec ava-1505/1515 and well actually it has writing all over it -as for my practical skills- uh well, im pretty much able to put in anything identical to anything i just took out but yeah i haven’t screwed it up yet- you should try to help me because im bored and lonely sorta, and i need technical advice!

oh, im trying to put it into a computer silly what else?

yes it looks a lot like that

Aww, ain’t she cute :slight_smile:

Let’s give our testosterone a meaning and help her. :slight_smile:

its new to me but upon closer examination i see manufactured jan, 1999, old, but free, but anyway theres a bar code on the box part of the"device" and it says DVD52OS W/SCSI CARD and then a bunch more numbers the sticker on it says AOpen dvd-ram drive dvd 520s then something about taipei and japan and the green thingey with all the chips says adaptec ava-1505/1515 and well actually it has writing all over it

Well, the friendly people who gave you this hardware gave you seven year old crap. Bring it back to them and bash their heads in with it.

as for my practical skills- uh well, im pretty much able to put in anything identical to anything i just took out but yeah i haven’t screwed it up yet- you should try to help me because im bored and lonely sorta, and i need technical advice!

Awww… here kitty kitty :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Meow

but really, thank you for your help. i guess i will just have to break down and buy a dvd thinger for myself- i hate that!