I'm new here with a gaming question

Hi, I’m new here and new to gaming. I have a Dell Dimension XPS with a Pent 4 3.20 GH processor and 4 GB RAM. My graphics card is a 256 MB DDP ATI Radeon 9800 XT and my sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX. I recently got NASCAR Racing 2003 Season and can’t even get through the driving lesson portion without my computer freezing up. Does anybody have any suggestions? I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but would appreciate any help. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I assume the specs of your computer are more that what is required to play the game.

Even when a game takes over the whole screen, XP and all your other programs are still in the background, asking for the processors time. The more programs you have running, the less responsive your computer will become.

Before starting the game again (just to see if it is that problem), reboot the computer, quit any programs that you don’t need and try again. If that fixed it then there’s your problem and now you will now to quit as many programs as possible before playing.

Otherwise come back and we’ll think of something else.

Defragment your hard drive also

I did degragment the hard drive, but I’ll try quitting as many programs as possible. I’ll let you know. Thanks so much!

Well, I shut down everything I could think to shut down and tried it again and it froze again. During the driving lesson part where the man is talking, it freezes and sounds like a stuck record with him repeating over and over and then it goes dead and the speakers click. This is a pretty hefty system and should be able to handle a game like this.

latest video drivers for your card?

//happy birthday

latest version of DirectX?

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game ?sounds dumb but sometimes works. Also checked the website for the game for the latest patch !?

Download the patch from Sierra, if it isn’t there anymore, check around the Web at some of the racing leagues that use that game, I’m sure you will find it somewhere.

You may also want to run it in “Compatability Mode”, but if my memory serves me correctly, the patch will fix your issue

Best of Luck

hi Dan & welcome to CD freaks.

did you notice this thread is just about 2 years old

LMFAO!

-rolling on floor laughing?-