I'm lost and confused

vbimport

:doh:hi all and good morning
well i’ve got anydvd and dvdshrink i also have dvdfab now i use anydvd to rip to HD then shrink to do what that does! then dvdfab to burn on disc is that right and does it do all disc without loss of quality :o

[QUOTE=moljude1;2614060]:doh:hi all and good morning
well i’ve got anydvd and dvdshrink i also have dvdfab now i use anydvd to rip to HD then shrink to do what that does! then dvdfab to burn on disc is that right and does it do all disc without loss of quality :o[/QUOTE]

Yo moljude1-

WOW!!! - I’m totally confused-eh

Why don’t you just stick with DVDFab and let it do it all??

Seems like you are going to a whole lot of effort to do something that DVDFab is reknown for doing extremely well!!

dvdfab don’t do all protected dvds, to put better i want to copy new dvds but ooooops shud i have said that!!:o so i just want to know does anydvd rip the full movie to HD WITHOUT LOSS OF PICTUREand do i burn with dvdshrink xx

There is even dvdfabhddecrypter FOR FREE!

[QUOTE=moljude1;2614063]dvdfab don’t do all protected dvds, to put better i want to copy new dvds but ooooops shud i have said that!!:o so i just want to know does anydvd rip the full movie to HD WITHOUT LOSS OF PICTUREand do i burn with dvdshrink xx[/QUOTE]

Now I am confused here as well…are you wanting to backup the movie to dvd or just movie to HD to stream??? You are confusing two different ways to backup and watch movies.

Simple question to start with;
What DVDFab do you have ?
Meaning do you have a paid for version ,the full version still in the trial period , or the free after trial version .
This makes a difference in what you can use DVDFab for or how long you can use the full features.
For most movies ripping with AnyDVD & then using DVDShrink to compress down to single layer AKA DVD5 (if that is what you are after).
Any compressing of the movie using DVD compliant format will result in some quality loss.
So yes you are losing some quality .
They way to prevent that is to keep the rip dual layer AKA DVD9 then burn to a dual layer DVD disc . If you use DL disc then you won’t use DVDShrink in the process.
For burning use ImgBurn .
If correctly set up that is what DVDShrink uses to burn otherwise it uses the older DVDDecrypter both by the same author. For that matter DVDFab can be setup to use ImgBurn as it’s burning engine (many prefer that). DVDShrink by itself doesn’t burn.
As bigmike7 posted above if you have the full version of DVDFab use it for the whole process . Read StormJumpers guides for seting it up with ImgBurn.